Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Old 04-08-2008, 07:20 PM

Default RE: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Now that was funny Jeff!!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

If you want to understand it,and I mean really understand it,

I "double dog dare" you to huntyour state for one and only one buck.
Jim....

Why in the hell would I agree to that.....or even entertain it? Really? Isn't this ridiculous? I may self-impose that on myself.....but it won't be because of an internet dare that seems kinda silly.

As you have found killing does and fawns is like fishing for bluegills.
See ....I've NEVER been one to deny the obvious. If you wanna have a great chance of killing a big deer......hunt where there's a lot of 'em (big deer). If you wanna have a great chance of killing a lot of deer.....hunt where a lot of deer live. You got me pegged with the latter.....and it ain't rocket science.

Aman that fishes for muskies does it cause he likes fishing not cause he likes fish.[:-]
With that analogy.....we should just dart deer.
I guess I was 0 for three.

# One you missed the point , it was a joke ever seen the Christmas story?

Dart Deer where the hell is that coming from?How many muskies have you caught?Released? Bluegills you got themcoverd.

Did Germ shoot a buck this year?Did Buckeye shoot a buck this year?

I honestly feel you have never spent much time hunting deer.[] A whole bunch of time killing deer but very few hoursof reallyhunting deer.[]

Old 04-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Dominant Buck

it was a joke ever seen the Christmas story?
I think it was the triple dog dare that did Ralphie in.

Dart Deer where the hell is that coming from?How many muskies have you caught?Released? Bluegills you got themcoverd.
Jim you gave an analogy of a man fishing for afish he had no intention of eating. If you can't see the correlation with darting deer.....I'm sorry.

What the hell's that got to do with me?.....OR this thread?

I honestly feel you have never spent much time hunting deer.[] A whole bunch of time killing deer but very few hoursof reallyhunting deer.[]
Jim....newsflash....I don't care how you hunt....and I really wonder why you care how I do. I don't hunt for your approval.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I find myself looking for ways to ADD challenge to my hunting with the bow. I don't see this as a "stage" (just a teaser in the thread header).....and not even a "progression". Just something I find intriguing.

I'll head into the woods with a longbow for deer this year.......and "possibly" for turkeys, too. I know if I take a bird with the compound this year.....it'll likely be my last with the wheelie bow....OR.....my last from a blind w/ the compound. I also see a day when my compoud bow sees little action......if any.

I still see the taking of a whitetail deer......as a huge challenge and accomplishment....and this isn't meant to diminish that feat.

With all the technology flooding our passtime (bowhunting)......who is lookingat new endeavors/challenges/etc.... and explain them.....and "why"?

You say you don't care but ............................

Of coruse you do thats why you asked "Why"
Old 04-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Are you looking at new endeavors/challenges/etc....Jim (as in my question)....or did you just see a chance to lecture me, condemn my hunting, etc...?

I find myself looking for ways to ADD challenge to my hunting with the bow. I don't see this as a "stage" (just a teaser in the thread header).....and not even a "progression". Just something I find intriguing.

I'll head into the woods with a longbow for deer this year.......and "possibly" for turkeys, too. I know if I take a bird with the compound this year.....it'll likely be my last with the wheelie bow....OR.....my last from a blind w/ the compound. I also see a day when my compoud bow sees little action......if any.

I still see the taking of a whitetail deer......as a huge challenge and accomplishment....and this isn't meant to diminish that feat.

With all the technology flooding our passtime (bowhunting)......who is lookingat new endeavors/challenges/etc.... and explain them.....and "why"?
Jim I want you to read this again...(my original post) and tell me how we got to you condemning the way I hunt.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jim you gave an analogy of a man fishing for afish he had no intention of eating. If you can't see the correlation with darting deer.....I'm sorry.
[/quote]
How many deer that you killed that went in your families belly?

What the hell's that got to do with me?.....OR this thread?
They had great buck free years.

Jim....newsflash....I don't care how you hunt....and I really wonder why you care how I do. I don't hunt for your approval.

Then why do you ask for it?[:-]
Old 04-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Dominant Buck

I have never asked for your approval for anything.

"Great"/"Buck-Free" years. I agree. If there's a silver lining to a cloud......that would be it. What did that have to do with this thread?

Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never asked for your approval for anything.

"Great"/"Buck-Free" years. I agree. If there's a silver lining to a cloud......that would be it. What did that have to do with this thread?
The above quote makes my point clearer than I ever could.[]
Old 04-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was Flick that was done in.... Ralphie was perhaps an accomplice at most.... more probably just a witness.

Sorry to interrupt.... continue....
Old 04-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

And like sands through the hour glass so go the days of our lives.

Quick Reply: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.