Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Old 04-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Jeff, go find the song "Dreams to Remember". (The Molly Hatchet version) Listen to this, if you care to. Then you may see where I was coming from.

No sarcasm intended.

LT
Old 04-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

With all the technology flooding our passtime (bowhunting)......who is lookingat new endeavors/challenges/etc.... and explain them.....and "why"?
I am not looking for anything, hunting at it's core is still the same. I can have 5000 dollars of toys, and a twig can ruin it for me, or a breeze that changes directions. I can have the perfect ambush setup, and a yote can bust it up. I can have the best land, and still get skunked.

I am not looking for anyhting, because it's all ready there for me. It's the fact of the Unknown that drives me. Weather I take a long bow, x-bow, or compound I have no idea how the hunt will turn out. I keep coming back, because every year I find out, I really don't know diddle
Old 04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

With all the technology flooding our passtime (bowhunting)......who is lookingat new endeavors/challenges/etc.... and explain them.....and "why"?
I am not looking for anything, hunting at it's core is still the same. I can have 5000 dollars of toys, and a twig can ruin it for me, or a breeze that changes directions. I can have the perfect ambush setup, and a yote can bust it up. I can have the best land, and still get skunked.

I am not looking for anyhting, because it's all ready there for me. It's the fact of the Unknown that drives me. Weather I take a long bow, x-bow, or compound I have no idea how the hunt will turn out. I keep coming back, because every year I find out, I really don't know diddle
That's two posts in a row of yours I agree with
Old 04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: Germ

That's two posts in a row of yours I agree with
And I was about to say the same thing!! Way to go Germ!

Dan
Old 04-08-2008, 03:33 PM

I thank you got it Germ, damn it must be nice being smart!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Germ's post is the first that I can think of on this thread that refers more to "I" than "you" ...I think just about everyone else is too fixed on justifying their performance in the eyes of others. There is only one person in my mirror. What stage of hunter am I? The lovin it stage....hope I never get past that.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Dominant Buck

So , for some of the older guys on here to read your post about adding a challenge to your hunting only after 3 yrs is somewhat arrogant to them. Choose to hunt in different ways all you want, noone will bash that, just don't say that you need more of a challenge b/c it sounds like you feel you have mastered something, I m just telling you how it may sound.
I can't help how other guys take my posts VA.....but I said nothing that was intended as arrogant I can assure you. And you keep saying I won't listen to what you guys are saying.....when you say things like the above....I'm gonna call you on it. I NEVER said I "need more of a challenge". I've mastered nothing in hunting.

If people feel the way you describe.....then I guess I understand why I got the afternoon lecture. If you took it that way.....your read into it. It wasn't my intention.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank God it's finally over!
Right????
Old 04-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Dominant Buck

It is Ed.....

We can go back topostinginformative posts on the "describe the poster above you thread", now.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It is Ed.....

We can go back topostinginformative posts on the "describe the poster above you thread", now.
Now that's good fun!

What the hell did you mean by that?
Is that some competition thingy??!!?? Who can post the best - hah?!

Quick Reply: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.