Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Old 04-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

If you want to understand it,and I mean really understand it,

I "double dog dare" you to huntyour state for one and only one buck.
Jim....

Why in the hell would I agree to that.....or even entertain it? Really? Isn't this ridiculous? I may self-impose that on myself.....but it won't be because of an internet dare that seems kinda silly.

As you have found killing does and fawns is like fishing for bluegills.
See ....I've NEVER been one to deny the obvious. If you wanna have a great chance of killing a big deer......hunt where there's a lot of 'em (big deer). If you wanna have a great chance of killing a lot of deer.....hunt where a lot of deer live. You got me pegged with the latter.....and it ain't rocket science.

Aman that fishes for muskies does it cause he likes fishing not cause he likes fish.[:-]
With that analogy.....we should just dart deer.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Making way too much of nothing. Everything does not have to be competetion.

I hunt for FUN and Fun only!! The food is not bad either

If you want/need a challenge go try out for the Olympics

Or you could hunt with a spear and a knife

Dan
Old 04-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Everything does not have to be competetion.
Where did that come from?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

If you don't like the answers you get when you post your questions. And because ofthat it turns into a 10 page war because you don't like what other people say. Then why bother posting any questions at all?
Jeff you have a ton of deer in your area. If you want to kill some with a longbow or recurve go for it. Who cares what anyone else thinks?
You have lots of deer so sounds like a good learning experiance to me. Until you get bored with it anyhow .
Fling away!!!

Darrall
Old 04-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

What do these guys have in common ?

A clue, They don't fish for bluegills.

Matt/PA, Mike Hunsucker, GregH , you know the pattern.

I'm outta here,have a great one,Jim
Old 04-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MC Bowhunter

If you don't like the answers you get when you post your questions. And because ofthat it turns into a 10 page war because you don't like what other people say. Then why bother posting any questions at all?
Same Old, same old

Dan
Old 04-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Dominant Buck

If you don't like the answers you get when you post your questions. And because ofthat it turns into a 10 page war because you don't like what other people say.
LOL...I find it amusing .....when you go back and read the original post....and where it's gotten to.....that I would be lectured. Ya gotta admit it's a stretch, huh? So I should stay out of my own threads?

With all the technology flooding our passtime (bowhunting)......who is lookingat new endeavors/challenges/etc.... and explain them.....and "why"?
THIS was my question.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Again most shots are 20 yards and in. If you can hit the bull with your long bow well at 20 yards you have challenged yourselfto the nill in the deer woods. It's not "Rocket Science". If a 100 inch buck is a good trophy in your area then hunt for a 125. Thats a challenge and you will be dying to pull a compound or long bow back after a couple of months into your quest. All hypethetically speaking of course.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Chris....I'll be hunting new land this fall. I never complained about the old land....and I'll still hunt it.....but when I told about the size of a good buck here.....everybody said to find new land.

So...here we are. All I can do is try to take good representative deer from the lands I have access to. There's a challenge people have been telling me to take.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:16 PM

Jeff, I spoke my "peace" maybe Im wrong, but when you say you need to add challenge to bowhunting only after 3 yrs, it does sound like you are bored with it. Im not going to take this any further, there is no point, I still say you need to listen more and be humbleand you may find that people will not disagree with you so much. I agree with a lot of what you say, and you know that b/c Im the first to say it, and I know you don't agree with much of what I say, but I learned a few things from you on the tech side, yet, somehow, I thinkyou couldlearn something from me and many otherson the hunting side of this tradtion if you were listen. Remember Jeff, guys like myself, Jim. Dan, Schultzy, can remember when deer were not so numerous, and when I was young and beginning I grabbed on to advice from the old guys and soaked it up. We have seen it when herds were much smaller 15-20 yrs ago, and yes, it far worse than that 40 yrs ago. So , for some of the older guys on here to read your post about adding a challenge to your hunting only after 3 yrs is somewhat arrogant to them. Choose to hunt in different ways all you want, noone will bash that, just don't say that you need more of a challenge b/c it sounds like you feel you have mastered something, I m just telling you how it may sound.

Quick Reply: Another take on the "stages" of a hunter....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.