Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you think your fellow HNI'ers would be surprised?

Old 04-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you think your fellow HNI'ers would be surprised?

Yes, I didnt kill a deer last year that was out of sight of a house.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nope. Everything I explain in all my post's is the truth. I've got nothing to hide.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Site Buck Guru

No.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 AM

Yea, I believe a good bit of people would be shocked to sit in some of my stands. Nothing like sitting in a stand that you can see two houses, the back of a maximum security prison, and the building site for the new county jail, while having planes from the airport on the other side of the woods fly over head I guess the nice part is that on Friday nights I can hear the High School football games and every now and then I can hear the college band practice
Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Yea, I believe a good bit of people would be shocked to sit in some of my stands. Nothing like sitting in a stand that you can see two houses, the back of a maximum security prison, and the building site for the new county jail, while having planes from the airport on the other side of the woods fly over head I guess the nice part is that on Friday nights I can hear the High School football games and every now and then I can hear the college band practice
Refreshing, BM....and what I was getting at. I think a LOT of guys in this forum (me included) are mor ein-line with your way of hunting. I had a post in here last year that listed all the things I "might" be able to see/hear from my stands (depending on wher I chose to sit that morning/evening).

The two bucks in my avatar came out of a 5 acre woodlot. I'm betting some people's best came from similarly sized parcels. No shame in that. I go where they are.....and where I have access to them.

One guyI know of kills his best deer in a 12 acre parcel.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

While I'm very open about how I hunt and the property I have access to I think some would be shocked as BuckMagnet said to climb in a stand and have cars driving by close enough to hear their stereo on 5 as they drive by, or to have the land owner come out her back door and wave as she waters her pansies.

Quik brought up a good point about pressure too. I don't think anyone except in maybe MI or NY, and maybe some places in WIcan appreciate the kind of pressure we see.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

They'd be jealous....
Old 04-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

No suprises here.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing that would surprise anyone is the fact that I didn't kill a deer this past season. Had a great spot, lots of bucks, just couldn't get it done. I am also in sight of a couple houses/roads where I hunt. All small parcels.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 AM

Yep, I think most would be surprised. I only saw 5 deer total while bow hunting this year and Last year I did not see a single deer while bow hunting. Not a single one. That makes for some tough sits in the stand.

I may chnge my signature to one similar to Quicksilver's. Something like "The undisputed king of watching trees grow!"

Quick Reply: Do you think your fellow HNI'ers would be surprised?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.