Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Dealer In my "Location"

Old 04-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Dealer In my "Location"

Since I pretty much llive on HNI, and know we have a lot of bowtech staff here, I want it to be known how I feel.

I have a shop ~3-4 miles from my house that I go to once ina while, because it is convienient. This dealer is fairly new, I'd say five years, give or take. I will never step foot in this shop ever again. All this guy does is bash bows that don't carry the bowtech or Diamond logo. Now, I know this dealer fairly well, as I went to school with his kid, see him around town, etc. but I can't believe some of the things he will say to me. This guy can't speak without using, [insert colorful expletive here] this, and that. He told me the dnr is corrupted and if he wouldn't have got drawn for turkeys he'd shoot one of those [expetives] anyway, because they are everywhere.

Today I walked in, and he was on his high bowtech horse preaching to one of the proshop groupies, bowtech this bowtech that, maxima this maxima, spitfire this spitfire that. While I'm (a paying customer)just standing there, going to pay money to shoot at his little range. I stand around listening to his brimstone and fire speech on how no one will ever match bowtech, for about five min. and finally interupt. "So you think I could shoot" He complys after bashing hoyt for a couple (ten) minnutes. I shoot a a couple rounds of five spot, pay, and leave.

I can't fathom how this guy stays in buisness. If he is like this with all his customers, there isa problem.

Like I said, I'll never support his shop again.

Now yes, this may be "his" problem, not bowtechs I realize. But he is a dealer, and not a very good one.

Just thought I'd let the bowtech people how I feel about the dealer in my area. Thanks for bearing through my rant.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowtech Dealer In my "Location"

Let Bowtech know about how this guy operates and it will get fixed. I have seen it happen.

More specifically ask to speak to the sales person responsible for that state and let him know what is going on.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:13 PM

I too have a shop owner like this around me, and is a bowtech dealer also but he simply preaches the products HE uses and does look down at others, so by no means is it a bowtech issue. I have since found a different shop to give my cash to. I probably wouldnt turn him in to anyone and just move on to another shop.

Speaking for the shop by me, its small, hes got his dedicated following, BUT it is also his livelyhood and how he supports his family. Because I had the option, I moved on instead of jeopardizing his business.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

I dont care what the guy is selling, if he is a so called pro shop then his oppionion doesnt mean $hit when it comes to what YOU want to buy. His one and only job is to sell you a product that you feel comfortable with and that you are set up properly and taught how to use your new bow setup. That means draw length , poundage, arrow selection, and so forth. I personally own products from Bowtech, PSE and Darton. They were all purchased from a pro shop under no scrutiny from the owner. He told me what would fit me, the speed, the forgivness, and then the price. Every other decision was made by me.

Make a call to Bowtech and they'll take it from there.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havea PSE dealer here that is the same way, you probably herd me talk about him...

OH the wonderful X-Force 1 pin out to 50 yards!Not to mention his prices are out the roof.... pack of rages were like 48.00 +tax.(HE ACTUALLY SOLD OUT) last year. I cant even remember the tag on the xforce well over 700. some people have more money than brains.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I too have a shop owner like this around me, and is a bowtech dealer also but he simply preaches the products HE uses and does look down at others, so by no means is it a bowtech issue. I have since found a different shop to give my cash to. I probably wouldnt turn him in to anyone and just move on to another shop.

Speaking for the shop by me, its small, hes got his dedicated following, BUT it is also his livelyhood and how he supports his family. Because I had the option, I moved on instead of jeopardizing his business.
He should be thinking about this when he is conducting business.

Are you jeopardizing his business or is he?

Doesn't the manufacturer of the bows that he is carrying have the right to know how their dealers are conducting business?I don't know how many postsI have read lately that were condemning the bow manufacturer for the way their dealers are conducting business as if they had video cameras in every store linked to headquarters. If too many dealers conduct business in a manner like Kyles dealer then the manufacturer gets a bad name quick regardless if they had any way of knowing or stopping this conduct.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Let Bowtech know about how this guy operates and it will get fixed. I have seen it happen.

More specifically ask to speak to the sales person responsible for that state and let him know what is going on.
BigBulls, I will be making a call tomorrow, sometime. Bowtech needs to know. because, exactly what you said:

then the manufacturer gets a bad name quick
I agree.

And Aaron
Not to mention his prices are out the roof....
Same with this guy, and you know...If he conducted buisness in a good manner...

It'd prob wouldn't bother me a bit to pay the price, because I'd WANT to support HIS shop.

Thanks for the replys guys
Old 04-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hate that!!!!! Any professional shouldn't be bashing any other product like some do, gives the company they rep a black eye! Heck its happened on here! It sucks but some people just don't get it![8D]
Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 PM

Group hug for Bowtech!

Bad business on the shop owners part, plain and simple. Similar guy here, went under after less than 1 year of being open. He blamed it on Gander Mtn coming to town, but everyone knows it was simply because of his outrageous prices and snide remarks over brands he doesnt carry. Bowtech dealer as well, In fact, thats all he dealt in.

My Hoyt guy is nice as can be.[8D]