Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strategy minus products?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Strategy minus products?

OK, so kinda drawing from my other thread concerning strategy vs. products... What could you give up in your products/toys (Not to include release, bow/accessories, or arrows) and still get it done on strategies alone? Please list these products you could give up in order of importance to you.

LT
Old 04-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Strategy minus products?

rangefinder, bino's, the can, rattling horns, scent,scentlok
Old 04-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I could give up them all. Most I don't really use anyways. A treestand and a grunt call would be about the 2 toughest to part with. Everything else I would not blink at.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I could give up them all. Most I don't really use anyways. A treestand and a grunt call would be about the 2 toughest to part with. Everything else I would not blink at.
Yup, those two you'd have to wrestle me for.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Dominant Buck

All of them
Old 04-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with Rybo, I could give them all up! I do enjoy hunting from a tree stand, but I will hunt less from a stand this season! I do like having Binos but not a necessity. I will be hunting with a barebow and I'm determined to take my first whitetail with this bow from the ground and no blind!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

At this point in my life - I'm down to just bow, treestand and me.

I guess, even if I'm traveling especially "light" - I'll still probably be carrying a bottle of scent killer, a gear rope and my cell phone. I can't hunt without my cell phone. I can really burn up that Verizon "In" network and unlimited TXT messaging.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

The list of crap I could do without but still lug in the woods with me is way too long, so I'll just list what I really need.

Bow
Release
Quiver
Treestand (can stay at home sometimes)
Knife

That's it.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

At this point in my life - I'm down to just bow, treestand and me.

I guess, even if I'm traveling especially "light" - I'll still probably be carrying a bottle of scent killer, a gear rope and my cell phone. I can't hunt without my cell phone. I can really burn up that Verizon "In" network and unlimited TXT messaging.
Don't I know that! A couple of those days this season, might as well have been in a 2-man stand we were so up to date on each others deer sightings. Heck I think half the bucks I wrote down in my log book might have been ones you told me about but I'm not sure
Old 04-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Every year I carry less and less, I am down to a drink, bow hook, stand, and a flashlight, -usually have scent killer, etc in Jeep but quit lugging crap to the woods -

Quick Reply: Strategy minus products?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.