Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sold out.........

Old 04-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Sold out.........

You haven't sold out. I'm taking my Remington 1100 next week, never killed a turkey(rookie), and I only have 5 days to hunt with my permit.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

You didnt sell out at all. GMMAT hit the nail on the head with how personal hunting is. I am bowhunter and I hunt with a crossbow, would other bow hunters consider me a sell-out sure, but there are some (I hope) that would not. Its all personal preference.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm an awfully aggressive turkey hunter - so lugging around a bow/blind and/or trying to bowhunt one without a blind - isn't exactly conducive to "success." Or enjoyable.

Besides, in PA, we only get one month, to hunt until noon - andnoSundayhunting- which means us workin' folks get 4 days afield.That's not many.

...and I already have 3 guided hunts lined up... Which leaves... one whole day of hunting for the quikkiemeister - unless I can call in a double.

Matt - I don't think you sold out at all. You just realized that the rules of the game here in the Commonwealth aren't exactly conducive to tagging out with a bow. Especially if you work the early shift.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is one badass looking gun. And in NO way should you feel sold out.

Even with a gun, there is no guaruntee. I'm sure most have missed a "gimmee" in thier turkey hutning career, I know I have. -7yds[:@]
Old 04-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt w/ bow, rifle, and muzzleloader. I enjoy aspects of each. It also gives me an oppertunity to extend my hunting season. I kinda sense a dislike of rifle hunters on this forum. You must too hence the title "sold out". I am going to try turkey hunting w/ my bow, but will not hesitate to switch to shotgun if I want to. So did you sell out? only if YOU think you did.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sell out? No. I'll be after them with the shotgun this year (my second year hunting them) for my first bird. Like you, I love running and gunning, and since it seems the flock I had patterned is no longer following that pattern, it appears I'll really be running and gunning this year. The time issue Quick mentioned also is a factor here in PA.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:42 AM

Nope not at all!! I love to bowhunt deer more than anything else in this world, but b/c of where I live in Va, when shotgun season comes in, everyone hunts with dogs and buckshot, including me, ya kinda of have too unless you have land that is never touched by hounds, but I don't think I sell out, I just do what the Romans do...
Old 04-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think you sold out. To each his own. On my unsuccessful hunt this past weekend I sat in my blind scaring birds off with my cough. I had my bow with me. My shotgun was back in the camper and I would have gotten it out had I spent the entire weekend hunting and had no luck with the bow. As it turns out I got sick and went home so the birds were lucky.......very lucky![8D]
Old 04-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

As long as your having fun and doing what you love, its not selling out brotha its hunting plain and simple, and we love it
Old 04-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can walk out my back door into the bottom and hunt a bit before work, GR8, and I can hunt every evening until dark, all on foot.
Jeff I know everyone and every State is different.

For example I cannot hunt before work and the season here and in PA is from 1/2 hr before sunrise until NOON..so after work is out! So now ya see some of what "others" are up against.

Quick Reply: Sold out.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.