Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Competition Shooters

Old 04-02-2008, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Competition Shooters

Who has shot something called a 900 ~ something

I guess you shoot at 40, 50 & 60 yards 30 arrows at each? Any info?

Are there classes like in other shoots?

I was asked if I'd be interested in shooting in one (or a couple) I plead ignorance as I never even heard of it. But I love shooting at distance..
Old 04-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Competition Shooters

I've shot a 540 round. 3x ends of 6 arrows each at each distance including 40, 50, 60 yards at I believe a 80cm vegas face.

There are dozens of games like this out there. It's just that in the US we typicall only see 18m (20 yards) indoors, field archery, FITA, and 3D. Elsewhere in the world people are VERY active with different formats such as this.

This format is along the lines of what I wanted to do for our next league, something like this that we can shoot outdoors but maybe a few less arrows to encourage participation from people, and to prevent those of us shooting 3D rigs at higher poundages from damaging rotator cuffs. Only difference is that I was thinking of maybe using a field or hunter target instead since most are shooting 3D rigs with fiber pins, and these typically don't show up well on the vegas face, and I was thinking of maybe a format w/ 45 arrows max.

**Edit - Usually there would be a class at least in FITA for this type of shoot. Depends on the sanctioning organization though. For our HNI league there will be hunter and open classes.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Competition Shooters

I'm too old to remember. Google "900 round) and see what comes up. I know it's a target round, possibly FITA.

You'd be better to post this in the GENERAL section, too. Some don't frequent the BOWHUNTING section.