Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Old 02-20-2003, 09:03 PM

Default RE: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

If you read that book again pay attention to what he says about those shots. After every example like that he says he did them at a young age, he knew better and would never take those shots again. I give him credit for putting things in there like that. It shows he is human and makes mistakes too. I wonder where our sport would be without him lobbying for us.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you read that book again pay attention to what he says about those shots. After every example like that he says he did them at a young age, he knew better and would never take those shots again. I give him credit for putting things in there like that. It shows he is human and makes mistakes too. I wonder where our sport would be without him lobbying for us.
Allright! Someone has the book and read it. Yes this is good that he put his mistakes in there because it shows he is' t BETTER than anyone else, only human. And humans make mistakes! I sure do! The best part about that is he admits his mistakes, unlike others!

Thank you VERY much for the info grumpyarcher!
Old 02-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhuntingfool. Cracks about where I live? You my man sound like the imature child on here. Besides I have never heard of Wisconsin being the cultural epicenter of wisdom in America. As for how people who are neutral about hunting can hurt us........THEY VOTE NIMROD!!! Perhaps thats not something you are old enough to be familiar with yet but get back to me when you turn 18 and I' ll explain it. If you think that non-hunters don' t vote or effect issues that concern us then all I can say is pull your head out of that hole and dig the sand out of your ears.

pdq 5oh I have seen Ted speak on many talk panels and read a good many of his articles in various magazines. I have also seen his show ' Spirit of the Wild' on numerous occasions but I no longer watch it. I simply find him to be idiotic. I can' t stand his personallity which comes off as arrogant to me. And believe me I don' t dislike him because I quote: " Can' t handle the plain truth." I almost spit tea on my moniter screen when I read that. Thanks for the laugh. I find nothing impressive about the man except his skills with a guitar. He is not a gifted speaker. His articles that I have read in hunting magazines are pretty sad and filled with braggadocious self ego stroking talk designed to further his own image of himself.
I stand firmly behind my statement that if he weren' t a rock star he would not hold any of these positions he holds. He would not be writing for any magazines. He would not have a TV show. He would not be appearing on Fox and CNN news shows. None of these things has he achieved on the merit of his opinions or the skill of his oration. He is just a rock star with an ego the size of Texas. And yes a lot of non-hunters hate him and think, " If this is what hunters are like then I don' t like it." Bottem line in the long run he hurts us.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

You betcha, They Vote?...uhmm...Ya got me there. And yes I am the biggest Child on here and I make alot of bad choices all the time and I got a big mouth but: Ted Rules and Todd Drools! !
Old 02-21-2003, 02:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-21-2003, 02:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-21-2003, 07:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

This makes NO SENSE and if it did, WHO CARES! How is someone neutral about hunting going to hurt us? Please inform us....
Ignorance is bliss isn' t it.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Ok, now we atleast have some common ground. I too believe that a neutral person may,and more than likely would not take hold of Teds delivery or approach to hunting. That can and will hurt. he may not be where he is on those boards and orgs,if he had not been a " rock star" . He does however belong to those Boards and organizations. Thats a Plus in my book. He does tell the truth to kids. he is arrogant. He is has a huge ego. That does sometimes become annoying but this is just my opinion, some of the people that have risen above to achieve some things in life pumped them selves up to do that.

He promotes - God, Hunting, Clean ethical kills and the riches of becoming one with the outdoor and yourself.
After all he pushes to persue the American Dream, Not to chase the Mexican Dream. what is that?

I am not attacking anyone for how they feel about him. I have watched his shows and found him to be ethical, a little overboard at times but he is still Ted.

I never said that those quotes were not in his book, just I dont remember reading those. I did read the book the first week it came out and was on the NY Times best seller list. That was some time ago.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, alot of people have had an opinion different than mine on this post with out attacking me personally nor have I attacked them for theirs.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:33 AM

Is there an ideal spokesman? I don' t think so. Everyone I know or know of, has some weakness. Some are dishonest, some lie, some beat their wife and some ignore their children. Others are alcoholics or drug addicts and many cheat on their spouse. I could go on and on, but that isn' t necessary. Let' s face it, every single human on the planet has multiple detrimental facets to their lives and/or personality. Do we cast them off as " bad for hunting" , even when they devote a major portion of their lives, promoting it? I hope not. There are enough people criticizing hunters without hunters adding to it. If we as hunters put down hunting spokesmen, then we are sure to be a dying breed. I doubt there is single other person on this planet who promotes hunting as fervently as Ted Nugent does. Rather than suggest that we' d be better off without him, I say support what he does (in regards to promoting hunting only), and encourage others to do the same. We need famous people on our side. One of them is sure to fit the personality you prefer. Without fame, non-hunters will never stop to listen to the message. Famous hunters are complete unknowns to the non-hunting community. We need famous actors, athletes and politicians from all walks of life to actively support our cause. No one is listening to us, but they will listen to them. Without fame, no one is heard. Does the famous person have to live an ideal life? No, many people will " hit it off" with Ted and will listen to his message and follow his advise. Other people will need a different role model and hopefully someone else will fill their needs. Our problem isn' t the fact that Ted is a famous person promoting our sport, it' s that he' s one of the very few, and no one person can satisfy everybody.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.