Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey Trad/compound guys.....

Old 03-31-2008, 05:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Hey Trad/compound guys.....

Ya gotta go read this.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2734760

I did the little trick about using the fletch as another anchor point.......

'Bout 12 yds (basement)......but it's the first time I was seriously slapping arrow together consistently

Old 03-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hey Trad/compound guys.....

Same group...

Old 03-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Shootin'. Homemade target?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

I dont know much about traditional shooting but after shooting a 3D course with a guy that used one that shooting is impressive
Old 03-31-2008, 06:21 PM

Jeff I do that with my recurve. I use my middle finger in the corner of my mouth and put my fletching to the tip of my nose as another anchor point. It also helps me keep my head down when aiming. What is your style of aiming?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

PA...I'm gonna be honest with you.

I have NO IDEA (style of aiming). I anchor the exact same way you do......but I just look where I wanna hit. No one's ever taught me anything really about aiming....and I'm afraid to ask, now.[8D]
Old 03-31-2008, 06:34 PM

LOL, I understand completely Jeff. Do you shoot split finger or 3 under? I shoot 3 under and I guess you can say I shoot point of aim. I gun barrel the arrow and sort of use the arrow like you would the barrel of a shotgun and use the point of my arrow as my aiming point. I know at 20yds I can aim directly at what I want to hit and be spot on. further than that and I have to start holding high.

It took me the better part of 1 1/2 years do develop my aiming style. I tried many different ones until one emerged as the clear winner. Just let it develop naturally. Don't try to force yourself into anything that feels unnatural to you. Trust me your body and your shooting and groups will tell you when you have found the right aiming system for you.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Dominant Buck

3 under.

I don't look down the shaft I don't think. I'm gonna go check. You've got me curious....lol
Old 03-31-2008, 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

3 under.

I don't look down the shaft I don't think. I'm gonna go check. You've got me curious....lol
I would be willing to bet you sort of do and your not even realizing it.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright PA since you are in a teaching mood... I'd love to reap the benefit myself.

I'm a three under shooter also... Jeff's post on having no idea what his aiming style is.... couldn't say it better myself... I have no clue... but I'm not afraid to ask... I have no one to show me this. I know that I have a habit of short/quick releasing the arrow.

So what you do is place your middle finger in the corner of your mouth and the index vane on the tip of your nose?

Do you always put your three fingers flush to the bottom of the arrow? I've noticed that at closer ranges if I shoot with my fingers an inch or so below, I can look right slam down the arrow, and I can nail what I'm shooting at, but past about 12-13 yards... all the shots go way low way fast. Is this a legitamate method or am I doing myself a diservice? Rather like using an offset faced golf club to correct a slice?

Quick Reply: Hey Trad/compound guys.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.