Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many deer can you kill per year in your state?

Old 04-01-2008, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many deer can you kill per year in your state?

In NJ, its 6 bucks and unlimited does. Those 6 bucks are spread up into 5 seasons. We have 3 different bow seasons, fall bow, which is beginning of september to the end of october normally, you can hunt anywhere in the state. Then november to the first week of december is called permit bow, which you have to buy another tag for the specific zone you will be hunting in. Then there is a muzzleloader season where you can take a buck and a shotgun season where you can take 2 bucks. The shotgun season is broken into 2 mini seasons, a 6 day state wide hunt and then a permit season which is zone specific. Between the 2 you can havest 2 bucks. Unlimited does for all seasons in most areas of the state anyway.
Where i hunt its earn a buck, meaning i have to shoot a doe before i get my buck tag, so any doe that walks out openning morning gets it, mature or fawn.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: peakrut

No and did you see me response from yesterday day pal?
You bet ... LOL ...don't make me wait so long next time On that note though, I would think that the quality of the monsters you have there could decline if guys can shoot that many bucks ... I know you wouldn't just shoot 6 bucks of any caliber, but I know there has to be plenty of guys that would .....

But 1 of mine last season was a nubber and I watched that deer for 5 minutes and couldnt tell it had nubs.[:@]
(Gun with scope and bedded)
It's happened to all of us, T ..... it happened to my young nephew twice last year ...... he almost cried ... it happens to all of us ...

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Absolutely not.

There'd be a reason you were limited to two. The pops would be better in line....and that's the ONLY reason (other than just liking them tender.....which is FINE) I'd kill a doe fawn (if they weren't in line).

I'm no "bambi killer" by choice. I do it because it's the right thing to do. I struggled with it for a while.....and I still do.
I would shoot them if I were in your shoes .... like we always say, Jeff ... hunting is SO personal....
Old 04-01-2008, 05:39 AM
Bartender

Certain parts of CWD unitsI would agree but where I am hunting not as bad as you would think on the quality.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

if you buy all the licenses you could kill six bucks and as many doe as you want
Old 04-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

3 bucks only. Does go like this, you get 3 tags when you buy your big game,bow and blackpowder is open season you can kill 2 per day. If you use your 3 tags you can buy bonus tags, 2 for 18$. Gun season you can shoot 2 per day but only the second and third Saturday and the last 2 weeks.