Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many deer can you kill per year in your state?

Old 03-31-2008, 01:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How many deer can you kill per year in your state?

I'v enever seen a fawn with "antlers". So yeah....if it was a yearling with 1" spikes....you just burned a buck tag.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Anything with protruding antlers (not nubs) is a buck. Basically.....you're not going to shoot a "buck" fawn.
so one inch spikes?
oops....slow on the draw ... brk answered

Old 03-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thinksome of the different views on HNI as far as what deer some hunters will take, come from what they can legally take .....

Example ... GMATTS thread on killing a fawn ....we can't take unlimited does here .. so I wouldn't waste a tag on a baby .... more power to YOU if you want to .... leaves more adults for me

Anyway if you buy all your tagsin NY (Big Game, Bowhunting and Muzzleloader), we cantake2 doeand one buck ...plus in most areas, you have a good chance to pull and antlerless permit .... maybe 2...

That is why I would feel like I was wasting my tag .....
As far as tags go here in Minnesota it depends on the area. Last year I could only shoot one deer. Some years I can take 2. Its mostly been one for the area I hunt with the exception of a few different years.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I thinksome of the different views on HNI as far as what deer some hunters will take, come from what they can legally take .....

Example ... GMATTS thread on killing a fawn ....we can't take unlimited does here .. so I wouldn't waste a tag on afawn .... more power to YOU if you want to .... leaves more adults for me

Anyway if you buy all your tagsin NY (Big Game, Bowhunting and Muzzleloader), we cantake2 doeand one buck ...plus in most areas, you have a good chance to pull and antlerless permit .... maybe 2...

As far as tags go here in Minnesota it depends on the area. Last year I could only shoot one deer. Some years I can take 2. Its mostly been one for the area I hunt with the exception of a few different years.
oopsy .... hows that?
Old 03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Example ... GMATTS thread on killing a fawn ....we can't take unlimited does here .. so I wouldn't waste a tag on afawn .... more power to YOU if you want to .... leaves more adults for me

oopsy .... hows that?
Thanks Preach!! I fixed mine also.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

oopsy .... hows that?
It's like it NEVER happened ....... what are we talking about again? [8D]
Old 03-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Site Bouncer

Here in Illinois you can shoot two bucks and as many does as your willing to buy a tag for (archery). The bucks however are limited to two and that combines all forms of weapons. So if I shoot one with my slug gun or pistol, I only have one buck tag available for the bow. Same in reverse, If I kill two bucks with my bow before the gun season, I can only shoot does with my slug gun. This is why I will never kill two bucks before the gun season, I like to have the option of killinga buck or doewith either my slug gun or pistol(s).
Old 03-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

oopsy .... hows that?
It's like it NEVER happened ....... what are we talking about again? [8D]
Lol!! Your a heck of a guy Tony!! I like your style. Take care bud!!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Bartender

Unlimited Earn a Buck where I live. I currently have 3 buck stickers heading into this season.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:17 PM

5, I think 6 if you count your federal "subsistance" deer, but only 3 here in Kodiak.

Quick Reply: How many deer can you kill per year in your state?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.