Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I've seen some pretty gay pictures - and it weirded me out a lil bit
32.53%
Bowhunting photos should capture the beauty of nature in all its glory
33.73%
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard
14.46%
What the heck is "Glamour shots?" This poll makes no sense.
18.07%
This post will forever change the way I look at hunting pictures
1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Bowhunting Glamour Shots - at what point do they get "weird?"

Old 03-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting Glamour Shots - at what point do they get "weird?"

ty Charlie----she actually killed a deer in her wedding dress right after that photo.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm getting into taking nice pictures after the kill. I like to clean things up, look presentable, and snap away. I love digitals, I can take 20 pics if I want. My Dad aka my photographer does not find the same interest in nice pictures. So that makes for an interesting session. "Hurry up, lets go! This deer is going to rot by the time we get done" ....."Hold on, few more shots. Are you sure everything looked nice when you were taking them?"....."yea let's go"
Old 03-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I'm getting into taking nice pictures after the kill. I like to clean things up, look presentable, and snap away. I love digitals, I can take 20 pics if I want. My Dad aka my photographer does not find the same interest in nice pictures. So that makes for an interesting session. "Hurry up, lets go! This deer is going to rot by the time we get done" ....."Hold on, few more shots. Are you sure everything looked nice when you were taking them?"....."yea let's go"
Thats funny Rybo!!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Give me REAL looking photos ... I mean the nice ones are cool .... but I LOVE seeing the blood and the wound.....
Old 03-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I take a ton of pictures because I am ugly and unphotogenic. If I take 30 pictures my eyes might be open in ten of them and actually looking at the camera in 3. So, I have to take a bunch of pictures to end up with one that I enjoy looking at when I break out the photo album.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Huntingson - I smell what you're cookin' there - and can relate a bit. I'm almost always by myself when I shoot something - and I generally don't take any pics of me with the deer. However, Ihave to get onefor the HNI contest - so I'm usually scrambling with the timer and I always screw up at least 3-4 before I get one right.
__________________________________________________ ______
I'll tell you the pictures that I think are the funniest: "The Eye Gazer" "The Promoter" and "The Heavy Petter."

"The Eye Gazer" is obvious - where the hunter is posing staring deeply into its eyes -almost as if it's an engagement photo withhis bride-to-be. That one totally weirds me out. It looks like they're ready to start a steamy makeout session.

"The Promoter" is waiting for the Drury brothers to call. He's got all his labels and products prominently displayed. He's making his magazine face. He's got hisvarious scents all lined up in the background. His Primos grunt tube peeking out of his collar. Alpha burly's strategically positioned such that you can see the insignia on the side strap. Lone Wolf climber leaned up against a tree... He's ready. This is his chance to break out into archery fame.

"The HeavyPetter" is even weirder - as the hunter poses while petting the carcass like it's still alive and he's consoling it or something. I don't know what the heck to think about it. I guess it's not that bad. All I know is that it makes me uncomfortable.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'm a guy who likes clean respectable pics. This includes cleaning up the blood the best I can, cutting the tounge off or shoving it inside the deers mouth. Whatever I can do to make it look respectable I'll do. The people that sit 10' in back of there animals to make them look bigger are the ones that make me laugh. Sorry but I'm grabbing that deer and ain't letting go when my pics are taking. I'm not out to impress anyone on the size of animal I shoot. As long as I'm happy with the size of animal thats what counts.
Like this?? I had to clarify to make sure cause i was closer to 25'

Ryan. (lol)

Old 03-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to make my pictures as "politically correct" asI can, but sometimes the hot temps of September dont give me alot of time to make the deer pretty for a photo shoot. My #1 priority is to keep the meat from going to waste.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'm a guy who likes clean respectable pics. This includes cleaning up the blood the best I can, cutting the tounge off or shoving it inside the deers mouth. Whatever I can do to make it look respectable I'll do. The people that sit 10' in back of there animals to make them look bigger are the ones that make me laugh. Sorry but I'm grabbing that deer and ain't letting go when my pics are taking. I'm not out to impress anyone on the size of animal I shoot. As long as I'm happy with the size of animal thats what counts.
Like this?? I had to clarify to make sure cause i was closer to 25'

Ryan. (lol)

Good stuff Ryan, good stuff!!
Old 03-31-2008, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Is that Justin?[&:][8D]

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Glamour Shots - at what point do they get "weird?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.