Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D....How do you find out if you like it or not?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3D....How do you find out if you like it or not?

I started shooting 3-D beforeI actually hunted with a bow, however I did not get caught up in all the competition. I enjoy shooting my bow and hanging out with my buddies(we ran the archery club). Granted, I am not a slouch on the 3-D course but I shoot my hunting set-up these days. I really enjoy it, it is good practince and a lot of fun, I know a lot of guys who are so competative that they don't have fun, if it gets like that for me I will quit.......I also have my oldest shooting with me and she has a blast....
Old 03-31-2008, 08:57 AM

I understand what you mean 100% Jeff. In fact, Greg and I discussed this a little yesterday. After shooting a few, it really makes me understand, and RESPECT, how good somebody like Matt truly is. Will I ever be that good? I really doubt it.

BUT, for me.....it's not about being THAT good, it's about pushing myself to be the very best that I have in me. If I don't ever measure up well enough to be THAT competitive, so be it. But it's so much more than just about winning. Just to be out on the course, walking around w/ friends, catching up, shooting the breeze, talking about deer and life.....That's what it's about.

But I want to push myself to see what I've got, how good am I REALLY? I honestly feel likeI'm better than I THINK I am, but not nearly good enough to compete w/ a Matt or Rick James. But I'm going to keep heading out there.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

GR8....whatcha interested in?
Well I can imagine your yard sale looks lke this.

1 Bottle Grand Mariner .. seal broken only tasted with finger tip

Season Tickets for the Braves... 1game used

A barrel full of slightly dated, but at the time, top notch golf equipment.

and oneArtificial Christmas tree, used one year.

Decided that your prefeerd real!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I've got something in me that won't let me do that, Mo.......I really do.

I can probably do that (go to the course and shoot the longbow).....but I've always been of the mindset of.......if they're keeping score....I might as well try to win.

You're right, though..."fun" rounds might be where it's at.....when they're local and I can do it without killing too much time away from home.

I actually would love to shoot some 3D with my longbow....and may do that when they're close.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, by chance does Lisa have any interest in shooting? That would make it much more enjoyable for you.

I know my wife would like too, eventually..but the young kids prevent that for a couple years. Then I can envision it being a family sport for us.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, Im actually surprized by this post... And now that i see how you look at 3-d, I honestly believe I'm having 10X more fun than you do when we shoot. When you take something that is supposed to be fun and make it work, it's no longer fun... and that is what you have done, made it more work than fun, much like your does.... Jeff your trying too Hard. I dont really know what to tell you, you have the competiteve spirit in you and dont wanna settle for anything less.

BUT, for me.....it's not about being THAT good, it's about pushing myself to be the very best that I have in me. If I don't ever measure up well enough to be THAT competitive, so be it. But it's so much more than just about winning. Just to be out on the course, walking around w/ friends, catching up, shooting the breeze, talking about deer and life.....That's what it's about.
Thats EXACTLY how i feel, wow SPOT ON. And it may not be for you jeff, but why not go out there and have fun doing the best you can while still having fun... You are a very talented shooter... gifted if you will. I dont know anybody else who can come into 3-d one year and be as good as you are... Like i said it sounds too me like your taking this way too seriously. Take deep breath, your just having fun...

Now, where are we shooting Sunday?
Old 03-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Well I can imagine your yard sale looks lke this.

1 Bottle Grand Mariner .. seal broken only tasted with finger tip

Season Tickets for the Braves... 1game used

A barrel full of slightly dated, but at the time, top notch golf equipment.

and oneArtificial Christmas tree, used one year.

Decided that your prefeerd real!
You're not too far off.

If I decided I wanted to try skydiving....you can bet your ass I'd buy a top of the line parachute, too.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Now, where are we shooting Sunday?
Thanks, buddy. ANYWHERE you want to. I'm shooting trad.

Jeff, by chance does Lisa have any interest in shooting? That would make it much more enjoyable for you.

I know my wife would like too, eventually..but the young kids prevent that for a couple years. Then I can envision it being a family sport for us.
Nah....I've tried, GR8. She's not interested. She'd go with me....but she doesn't wanna shoot. That's part of it, too....lotta time away. I love my family(As I know everyone does).
Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just listen to all you guys talk about it and read Matt's post about being good at it.
That about cured me for ever thinking I'll enjoy it. [8D]

Now I will admit to shooting an indoor 3D trad league, but there ain't an ounce of competitiveness amongst people, and its a nice warm placefor me to shoot for a couple hours a week during the winter. And I have nothing better to do at the time.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Now I will admit to shooting an indoor 3D trad league, but there ain't an ounce of competitiveness amongst people, and its a nice warm placefor me to shoot for a couple hours a week during the winter. And I have nothing better to do at the time.
Sounds awesome, Rybo. COngrats.

Quick Reply: 3D....How do you find out if you like it or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.