Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The best turkey hunting land I know of.....(**UPDATED**)

Old 03-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: The best turkey hunting land I know of.....

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Last edited by GMMAT; 11-25-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yer in GMMAT....Hug that man and ask him if he needs new siding put on his house...gather his mail...do everthing you can...
Old 03-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its good to do kind things regardless of the kick back...good job. I like this post.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The spot I hunt is a friend of my Father-in-laws...

I'm an outsider but I get a week per year to get in...and let me tell ya...the area is out of control...last year I gave the lady a 50 dollar bill for letting me out to hunt..I knocked a 25 pounder with an 11 inch beard and 1 1/8 inch spurs...

..I'm locked again for this year...shes a simple pig farmer that works at sub-way by dayand sells wood too......her 20 acres has birds like the bugjeezuz....

The great thing about this farm is I get to hear the roosters call and the cows moo as I YELP....its a sweetheart of a spot as the sun rises.....cherished memories.....

Old 03-31-2008, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is that a picture of heaven Jeff??? OMG if that doesnt get you fired up,its because yourDEAD!!

Old 03-31-2008, 05:19 AM
Dominant Buck

The more I think about this....the more I wanna help the guy out, regardless. He's a genuinely nice old man (late 70's) who'd be down in that creek doing this stuff if I didn't offer to help him. I'm looking forward to it......whether he lets me hunt or not. I'm going to buy some materialstoday at lunch.

Retired minister...and just an extremely polite old gentleman..........with some AWESOME land.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The more I think about this....the more I wanna help the guy out, regardless. He's a genuinely nice old man (late 70's) who'd be down in that creek doing this stuff if I didn't offer to help him. I'm looking forward to it......whether he lets me hunt or not. I'm going to buy some materialstoday at lunch.

Retired minister...and just an extremely polite old gentleman..........with some AWESOME land.
Very Cool GMMAT. I'm glad you see it that way. I think if more people had this attitude the world would be a much different place.

Good Job man!!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Well.....I helped witht he fence again, today. What a great older couple.....and nothing like I had envisioned them to be.

We even got around to talking hunting. It's a NO CAN DO on turkey hunting. They love turkeys.

When you're hot you're hot, though.....I just picked up 130 more acres to deer hunt. I'm gonna get over there and do some scouting, soon. That'll be a spot I can just "trophy" hunt (relative).

I'm gonna go see his sister sometime this week, too. SHE has some great turkey land (adjoining property).....and ya just never know. I wouldn't trade anything about it, though. It was nice meeting some more neighbors.....and just plain good people.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright that did it seen a few homes for sell in that area - must be nice to be 5 mins away j/k- just like I said yesterday little paradise

And the approach you take helping folks out is what gives you the opptys -congrats on the additional land -
Old 03-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Frank:

If you'd bought that house beside my father in law......we'd be hunting back there on the 12th.[:@]

Quick Reply: The best turkey hunting land I know of.....(**UPDATED**)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.