Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not a proud post but...

Old 03-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not a proud post but...

How many deer have you lost, that you swear you should have found???!!
I'm at 5 lost in 13 years. For the record, before everyone shakes their heads, I spent anywhere from a minimum of 5 hours to 18 hours looking for these deer. Also many sleepless nights, along with almost giving up archery because of my track record.
But I have only 1 lost in the past 7 years, so I think experience was the only thing that could help my poor soul.
The two things I learned was
1) Arrows can deflect off the smallest of twigs.
2) Wait 2 solid hours to go after your kill, cause if you bump them, you'll lose them!

Moral of my story, clear your shooting lanes and be patient - stupid!
Old 03-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Not a proud post but...

I have lost a total of 0 deer.

I think I'm only 7-0 though. I haven't killed many as of yet. I didn't kill many when I was younger. I started killing deer when I started hunting alone....imagine that
Old 03-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Not a proud post but...

This has been attempted before and I'm sorry but I think this brings absolutely nothing positive to bowhunting but in reality it's detrimental. This may not be a popular decision but I'm not comfortable with a tally of lost animals on a public forum for the world to see, be it anti, nonhunter or whomever. NOTHING positive could come from this so sorry, it's locked.