Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Frustrated At Bowtech!

Old 03-29-2008, 04:24 PM

Default RE: Frustrated At Bowtech!

I second that mightymite. I am assuming that your shop put the thing in a press at some point. Sounds like they might have busted the limbs. And doesn't the sticker on the lower limb have the date on it? I just looked at mine, actually I thought I bought an 08 too but after checking, it is a 2007. It has black cams and everything. Check that out.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:31 PM

I would talk to the shop, just my 2 cents a little late in the conversation.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:39 PM
N2D

I just looked and I do not see a date anywhere. Like I said, I really do not care that much about the finish. It is still a very nice looking bow in every aspect. Italsoshot good for the 13-14 shots it lasted. I did not see the shop guy do anything unusual when setting it up. Ultimately I am the one that is going to have to deal with all of this and as I have said from the beginnig, I am confident that it will be resolved. Just a little upset that all of this happened. Not exactly the review I wanted to give on my new Allegiance.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

how do none of you guys think that BOWTECH messed up, NOT the shop? can bowtech not make mistakes and be perfect? NO!
itcould be the shop, it could be bowtech!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:45 PM

On the bottom limb there should be a sticker with all the bow's info on it year , model, dw, dl, cable and string length
Old 03-29-2008, 04:56 PM
N2D

ORIGINAL: FlAllyGuy

On the bottom limb there should be a sticker with all the bow's info on it year , model, dw, dl, cable and string length
I just looked again. It has all the info except date. Now that I think about it, it may be possible that the Ally does not come with invelvet. Bowtech advertises smooth mods for the 82nd and 101 but I read on here a couple weeks ago that someone tired to get some and said they are not available. The shop guy said that perhaps they had 07 riser and limbs left over and put 08 cams on it. Anyway, I could have taken it right back and declined on it when I noticed the finish not as advertised but I chose to be humble and shoot it anyway. I can deal with the finish.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

what shop did you get it from??? Have you even called them? or did you really get it online?

Old 03-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: N2D

ORIGINAL: FlAllyGuy

I just looked again. It has all the info except date. Now that I think about it, it may be possible that the Ally does not come with invelvet. Bowtech advertises smooth mods for the 82nd and 101 but I read on here a couple weeks ago that someone tired to get some and said they are not available. The shop guy said that perhaps they had 07 riser and limbs left over and put 08 cams on it. Anyway, I could have taken it right back and declined on it when I noticed the finish not as advertised but I chose to be humble and shoot it anyway. I can deal with the finish.
You paid for INVELVET, it should be IN-VELVET.... whether you care about the finish or not, it's not like opening day is tommorrow, send that bow back and make them send you the one you paid for, it is very simple to comprehend, just a little time consuming.... You did not get what you paid for, and you need to go tell your dealer, "hey, i know your supposed to order some limbs, but this thing aint even the right bow, it doesnt have invelvet or nothing" make him send it back NOT fix it.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:13 PM
N2D

I went there several times to talk with them and demo bows. They are good people and seem to know their stuff. I was there the whole time he was working on the bow. He did not do anything out of the normal. I have been shooting bows since the late 70's and have seen a lot and I do not blame him for the broken limb, and I know I did not break it. It just happened.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here you go

Allegiance Specs

Brace Height:
7 1/4"

Draw Weight:
60-70

Draw Length:
26.5"-30.5"

Axle to Axle:
33 1/4"

Speed MOD IBO:
327-335 fps

Kinetic Energy:
87.24 fpe

IBO Smooth MOD:
317-325 fps

Adjustable Let-off:
65%-80%

Features
Speed/Smooth Mod
Binary Cam System
Fully Machined Aluminum Riser
Machined Shelf Trough
Vertical Force Technology
Hush Kit
Adjustable Let-off
Made In America
InVelvetâ„¢

Listen to GMMAT and DEMAND IT

Quick Reply: Frustrated At Bowtech!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.