Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How far away...

Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Default How far away...

Is your local archery shop? It seems like a bunch of you guys spend alot of time at the shops in your area, and that allows you to getpractice, help/repair,andget to know all the new stuff that comes out pretty often.

The closest shop to me is 45 miles away, and honestly, its not that great of a place. But I do wish I could go there more. You guys that have shops close to where you live, consider yourself lucky. Its not fun making a 90 mile round trip to get a nock set (last month)
Old 03-29-2008, 12:58 PM

Default RE: How far away...

2 miles , and 3 others within 10 miles. . . .but here's the trade off, I live in a pretty big city, and most of the "pro staff" for the major chains are a bunch of pimple faced 18 year olds (no offense young guys!) who don't know abroadhead from their own behind [:@]. . .I have 1guy I can go to at a smaller family owned shop where I know I'll get quality helpwith REAL knowedge.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:06 PM

there is one about 5 or 8 minutes away, but I rarely go there, I usually drive 35 minutes to mine about once a month.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a few closer, but choose to go about 30 min.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I yell loud enough They could probably hear me
But I rarely go there.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mines about 45 minutes away, I just stop in when I am in that town, which is about once every 2 months, but if I need something I just order it online, shipping is cheaper than gas!