Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slightly Bummed

Old 03-29-2008, 10:15 AM

Default Slightly Bummed

Just thought I'd share my troubles with some understanding folks.

I gave up my lease because of ongoing "run-ins" with local trespassers/poachers/crackheads/thieves, etc....and not getting any useful assistance from the man I lease from. I guess it's a blessing, but I'm bummed about not being able to bowhunt an area I found that was showing some great potential. Oh well, I'll find a place. I may try public land again, its been several years since I've hunted in Angelina National Forest.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Slightly Bummed

Loosing hunting land is a drag but the stress is not needed you seemed to be getting from the run-ins and NO help form the land owner! I probably would of done the same thing!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Loosing hunting land is a drag but the stress is not needed you seemed to be getting from the run-ins and NO help form the land owner! I probably would of done the same thing!
x2
Old 03-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree, you made the right decision. I know how hard it is to find a lease in the state of Texas. I wish you the best of luck,I liveon the edge of the Sam Houston National Forest and have hunted it at times, when I didn't have aplace to hunt, you would be suprised what kind of deer come out of there every year.