Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you use?

Old 03-29-2008, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What do you use?

Let's just say in the last 5 years. What have you used/started using that "you believe", makes you a more effective hunter. This can, and should include anything from bow/arrow equip, clothing, scents, treestands, climbing methods/equip, right down to knowledge you have gained of deer hunting.

Please explain how said equip, method, knowledge has made you more effective.

Thanks, LT
Old 03-29-2008, 07:13 AM

Default RE: What do you use?

Of the top of my head. THERMACELL...them little bugs kept me from being still. other than that peep sight change, a change of sights, a more efficient, stabelclimbing stand scent blocker, TBR leupold range finder.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Giving myself the confidence knowing that I can make a 50 yard shot even though it seems like a long ways. If I can do it in my backyard why not out hunting
Old 03-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

This will sound like a commercial, and please take the comments in the text of the question. It's not a debate on patterns etc...

Last year later in the season I was introduced to Ultimate Camo through my Team-mate and UC Frontman Diesel77 (Andy). It truly made me a better hunter. I'm very careful with my scent, stand locations etc, but somehow could still get picked off visually, on more occasions than I was comfortable with. Now perhaps the deer didn't spook, but you can tell through the head-bobs and always having a cautious eye watching you, that the deer knew something was slightly out of place.

To my honest opinion that never happenend once I started wearing the UC pattern. Unfortunately I was little late in getting these cloths and the colder weather in the North kept me from wearing them as often as I'd have liked. (something that is being addressed with warmer weather gear). But this upcoming year especially the early fall I can't wait to be in the woods in this pattern.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Bartender

^5 Bob looking forward to the fleece.

T
Old 03-29-2008, 07:34 AM

Gadgets and stuff are nice to use, but nothing has helped me more than experience. Screwing up and learning from my mistakes.....being able to figure out what I did wrong and correcting it. Nothing is more valuable than my noodle in the woods.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well put Dan. I don't have gadgets and stuff on my recurve like the compounder's so thats out of the question but like Dan said expierence. Experience is the best thing anyone can get. Its free and if put to good use its very knowledgeable. Experience is the best teacher and its helped me more then anything!!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

1 vote for Thermacell, 1 for confidence in shooting, 2 for camo pattern, and 2 for experience.

Where are all the others? I know there is more to deer hunting than this.

LT
Old 03-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

A climbing treestand has probably been the best thing I have added to my equipment ever.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:43 AM

About 7 years ago, Ibegan being more consciousaboutscent control.Since then, ive haddeer come closer to methan ever before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.