Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anchor point?

Old 03-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Anchor point?

OK...Im no pro, and I have never taken any lessons. I hear about the anchor point from posts here but I have no clue what it is. I use a kisser button, am I close? I was looking at the "my big fat shooting forum" and looked at several forms. Mine is similar, so what is my anchor point?

I have always been the kind of guy who never reads instructions, never asks for directions, and shoot in the low 80's playing golf without a single lesson. Im asking you guys!

Help a brother out trying to learn the language!
Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anchor point?

There is no one anchor point IMO. I have three, my knuckle is pressed behind my ear on the pressure point, my nose touches the string, and my lip touches top laft feather. When all three of these are touching I know i am anchored in the right place. I know several different guys that have several different anchor points. It is just so you know you are drawing back to the same place every time. A kisser button is a form of anchor, IMO, you should have at least one more, that way you will know for sure you are drawing back and releasing from exactly the same point. I really like the pressure point behind the ear, however it doesn't work for every style of shooting. Draw your bow back and just be comfortable and you should find something along these lines that works for you naturally...Good luck with it you will find something that works for you.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:56 PM

kisser in the corner of ya mouth!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:15 PM

Shooting with a release the knuckles tucked in tightly just behind the ear hugging your cheek with a nice firm grip on the release, so close that your trigger finger will rub against your cheek as you go to squeeze off the shot. Also make sure that your shooting elbow is up and straight, this helps ensure that you make the shot with your finger only. The third point is just as everyone says make sure the string is touching the end of your nose but don't force it, of course that part just helps to ensure a proper dl for a proper line of sight.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:40 AM

the kisser button, string on the tip of the nose, thumb under jaw bone. things to keep you shooting from the same spot everytime.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Bartender

I wish I could have a kisser button on my Hoyt.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:46 AM

anythings possible...iv got a buch in a drawer i could send ya.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:05 AM

why can't you peakrut?
Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Bartender

From what the shop told me its because of where my peep is located in relation to my knock. Just not enough room between the 2.
I will post a pic in a bit of my setup and get some thoughts if you all dont mind?

T

Old 03-29-2008, 07:19 AM

Oh yeh, I ve heard of this.

Quick Reply: Anchor point?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.