Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pro shop set up, i cant believe it

Old 03-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Pro shop set up, i cant believe it

My sons best friend is 14,he is already a bowhunter and wants to try turkey hunting this year without the firearm. He just purchased a new Martin bow from a known bow shop, They had set it up for him with a WB. any way he had bought new arrows and was now wanting blazers put on them and asked if i would do it, naturally i said yes i would love to help him out. He brought the whole bow set up. I fletched his arrows and decided to check out his bow the shop had set up. would you believe center shot was a inch to the left and arrow square was 1/4" out [&:]The WB's black bristles were not on the bottom but to the side [&:]before it was all over, i got him tuned, fletched, took off double brass string nocks and put him double string nocks. The D loop was tied wrong so i fixed that. I had some extra string letches so i fixed him up with that. The shop had told him blazers DONT work well with WB yeah right,whats up with that?? He said the guy at the shop was a crotchaty OLD man, maby a fill in i guess, but it was obvious he knew nothing about setting up bows.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pro shop set up, i cant believe it

I know exactly what your talking about. That's why I became self proficient. There is one shop I'd let touch my bow and only ONE guy in the shop, the owner, NO OTHER SHOP as they are a joke. You would think that a shop owner would learn and teach it's employees as it reflects right back to the shop.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

The WB's black bristles were not on the bottom but to the side [&:]
Yeah, my brother bought a bow that had an original Whisker biscuit on it, and it was one of the full circle WB's. It didn't have the opening in the side, and the person that had had the bow had cut a opening in the side so it would be like the newer WB's, but he cut the black bristles out of it, instead of just cutting part of the brown ones out!!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's too bad they would do a young man like that, just getting started and all. Thats why I am picky about who works on my bow if anybody.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job Dan, sounds like you got the kid all setup and ready to go.

Had he just shot his bow straight from the shop and had a bad experience, he might not have continued with the bow. You may have just saved a future bow hunter.

With that kind service, they may not be around for long. You need to dig up Greg/MO's thread from last week and update it.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

What thread was that John?? i may have missed it. I told him if he needs anything done, to just say so. youth hunters need guidence in the right direction. Heck if he wants to learn to do these things, im all for showing him
Old 03-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm telling you..... there is a market for a bowshop that is willing to teach customers how to work on their own equipment, and furnish the tools and teaching for the same.

Do you not agree?
Old 03-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

What thread was that John?? i may have missed it. I told him if he needs anything done, to just say so. youth hunters need guidence in the right direction. Heck if he wants to learn to do these things, im all for showing him
Here ya go Dan.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/fb.aspx?m=2714347&key=

Actually that starts you out in the middle, but it's the right thread.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:45 PM

I agree collie!!! where do I sign up???
Old 03-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree and i love doing my own work, i get great satasfaction from doing it

John:: Thanks for the link, ill check it out.
ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I'm telling you..... there is a market for a bowshop that is willing to teach customers how to work on their own equipment, and furnish the tools and teaching for the same.

Do you not agree?

Quick Reply: Pro shop set up, i cant believe it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.