Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dumbest thing you've done in the deer woods

Old 03-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dumbest thing you've done in the deer woods

One time about 5 years ago I took my climber into the woods the day before opening day (archery) and locked it to the base of the tree I would hunt from. I went in about an hour before first light that Sat morn and realized I'd forgotten the key to the lock! What a dumb a$$!!! I drove fast all the way home (12 miles) and still gotback by first light.The key now stays on my truck key ring.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Took a Dump in my camo coveralls and did not know it untill I pulled them back on[:'(]What a MESS!!!!!!![:@]

Hatchet Jack
Old 03-29-2008, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

This brunette, her name was....
Old 03-29-2008, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

My first buck came with with the help of a buddy.It was the last day of shotgun season, after we sat for the morning, 3 of us decided to start walking along a field to see if we could kicksomething up. I took my coveralls off earlierbecauseI was hot. I forgot, that myshellsin my coveralls and only had 3 shells left in my gun. I kicked up a buck and took my 3 shots...click...click...the buck keeps going.He was wounded but not down. The only thing I can do isyell and scream and jump up and down for one of my buddies to come quick because he was heading for a swamp. Thankfully one of my buddies made it over just in timetofinish him off. They thought is was real funny to see me jumping around screaming for help!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:08 AM

i dont know where to start......a bunch of little things atleast in my mind becasue i am a perfectionest.but i guess if i had to say one i would say...one time i forgot my safety harness and since i have fallen before i let my buddy (at the last minute discussion in the truck) hunt my spot and i would hunt his (ground blind). When the walky talky went off a bit after 8am guess what he told me ya you got it a big buck and me i did not see a thing.Anything is possible you know
Old 03-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too many to write down but one that comes to mind is forgetting my jacket...hunted anyway as it's an hour drive to my spot. It was about 40 degrees out but boy was it uncomfortable up in that tree.