Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The heart of bowhunting and the passion..Schultzy

Old 03-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Bartender

Default RE: The heart of bowhunting and the passion..Schultzy

My Dad and if their is anyone out here who might not be getting along with yours please make amends. I went 5 years of us not talking before we finally sorted it out and 4 years later he passed on.
I have to give kudo's to my step dad because he had a big part also and at the age when I knew it all ( yeah right 16) he had to put up with a bunch of crap but yet still stuck it out with me.
I can remember my first Elk hunt (Hadn't hunt whitetails yet) we were of course way out in the mountains well he put me on a spot we seen elk the day before. Told me not leave until he comes back
and gets me. Well it got dark and from where I was perched up on the mountain side I could see the lights of his truck flashing for me. From up there it look like pretty easy way back but once I started
down and lost the lights yep you bet I was scared something fierce.But then I would walk up another little hump then I could see the lights again then down back into a valley and gone.
It took me about a hour but I stood hidden for a little bit before I would get into the truck to let the tears go away. Right when I was about finally get to the truck he gets out with a flash light
to look for me. Of course in my smart arse way I say where you going I am right here. He smiled then I broke again and gave him a big hug and we have not had any problems since then.
My dad tried the same dang trick when I was 18 when I moved back to IL and went hunting inWI but I knew better and did not stay on stand and instead met him at the logging road.
Now my dad said your not as dumb as some think, lol. I never did tell him the step dad story felt it was special between us.

I will be out calling for my step dad in 2 weeks as the turkey season starts here in Wi.
As for dad I know he will be up there watching us both and he will guide us.

T

P.S.- Thank You Brian and Schultzy, you know why!