Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tresspasser caught on trail cam

Old 03-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tresspasser caught on trail cam

I have the same problem...take a look at this pic...this guy's joking around about it. It's actually one of my friends who has permission to shed hunt on my parents' property. Not to make light of the situation though, I would be seriously inraged if I actually caught or found trail cam pics ofshed hunters trespassing on my ground (if I had any). Same rules apply to actual hunting in my mind.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:25 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

They should have confiscated " all "his sheds and made him prove where he found them to get them back!! I hate slobs/thieves. We are lucky here and trespassing/stealing sheds isn't much of a problem. We do have anoccasional sledder or 4 wheeler hit a few of our spots but they are too lazy ( thank God ) to get off and walk. They might get a few but nothing like this guy.

We hit the easygood spots close to roadsas soon as the bucks start dropping sowe don't lose sheds to slobs or eventhe legal competiton. So far that has worked well.

Tim
Old 03-28-2008, 05:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Just being devil's advocate....but what's the difference in trespassing to look for sheds and tresspassing to retrieve a deer?
Old 03-28-2008, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

IMHO I have hesitated on trespassing to retrieve a harvest. It appears that eticate would come into play. Its unethical and illegal to hunt sheds about as much as it is to bring a picnic blanket and basket to your neighbors property without permission.

I certainly would not have a problem with the neighbor coming onto my property, or leased land, to retrieve a BBD that was shot on another piece of property...and vice versa. In fact I would probably feel like an ass if I complained.

I think the devils advocate, just isnt always common sense. IMHO

Old 03-28-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the land of "Live Free or Die" (NH motto) it is a courtesy that you "should" ask for permission of the land owner to cross his property.
It is only tresspassing by law, if it's posted every 50' around the whole perimeter of your land AND must be signed and dated EVERY year.
Stupid law, who has time to do something like this???
Gotta love the laws, as they protect the guilty!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Just being devil's advocate....but what's the difference in trespassing to look for sheds and tresspassing to retrieve a deer?
Good question Jeff. IMO the main differnce is tresspassing for shed hunting antlers is premeditated and totally planned out.

Retrieving an animal thats crossed onto another posted property, while still being illegal, isnt the same thing.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Like I said, Diesel.....Devil's advocate. I agree and disagree with you. I agree the difference is premeditation. I disagree that they're "different". They're BOTH trespassing.

Glad they caught this guy.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm all about prosecuting the guy, glad he got caught. but is it really theft? Along the lines of "we don't own the deer"....do we own the antlers when they hit the ground? [&:]
Old 03-28-2008, 08:18 AM

I mean yea i dont like trespassers or believe in it but man you guys are blowing this way out of proportion at least he didnt have a gun
Old 03-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the world of deer= money[]
Whether or not things are blown out of proportion kind of depends on the situation. As someone pointed out, sheds are now big money. So, people who in the past would have viewed something like this along the lines of a kid stealing a watermelon out of someone's garden are now screaming bloody murder. I've got many many more things on my mind to worry about thansomebodysneaking onto my land to pick up deer antlers. But, I can fully understand why some folks would get really ticked over it.

Quick Reply: Tresspasser caught on trail cam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.