Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

schultzy lets fire up some G N R it's getting boring here tonight

Old 03-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: schultzy lets fire up some G N R it's getting boring here tonight

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

hm im surprised no ones mentioned jerry garcia
as being the best guitarist of all time
cant go wrong with the outlaws either
Oh no do we have a treehugging hippie here amoungst us? [8D] LOL

And when it comes to tree hugging hippie guitar players... I don't think anyone will argue with me when I say that Dave Mathews is firmly cemented as #1 on that list.

Edit: And I'll even give John Mayer second. I hate his music, but the dude can play... if he'd only use his powers for evil instead of good!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

That because we are talking about music you don't have to be high as a kite to enjoy.

All kiddin' aside, I like the Dead and all.... but really... Jerry Garcia.... the best guitarist of all time.... NO WAY! Top 15.... ok I'll give you top 15....

Best of all time, JUST in the ROCK genre (otherwise I'd have BB King in the 2-3 spot)... my opinion.... Jimi Hendricks, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray, Eddie Van Halen, Slash, (and I'll get flamed for sure but...) Kirk Hammet
Tom Morello
Old 03-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

That because we are talking about music you don't have to be high as a kite to enjoy.

All kiddin' aside, I like the Dead and all.... but really... Jerry Garcia.... the best guitarist of all time.... NO WAY! Top 15.... ok I'll give you top 15....

Best of all time, JUST in the ROCK genre (otherwise I'd have BB King in the 2-3 spot)... my opinion.... Jimi Hendricks, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray, Eddie Van Halen, Slash, (and I'll get flamed for sure but...) Kirk Hammet
Tom Morello

Good form.... forgot about him. Heck he'd have been a top 3'er too. he could make a guitar make sounds you'd have thought a synthezier couldn't have made.

You'd need an open forum discussion and two or three hours to come up with a complete list... a lot of talent over the years.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

look at all of his songs! and he also memorized every last one of em, even with the bud
Old 03-27-2008, 06:48 PM

Swap you will get no argument from me on Kirk Hammet. way underrated as a guitarist.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Hey Hardwoods, when will you be at the Grange Fair? My girlfriend and I are going to pop up and check it out, we just havn't decided when.
BM I will be there most likey every single day at some point. My girlfriend has a tent there. It is 6 tents down from headquarters. If you can find HQ you can find her tent. Make sure you give me a yell when your coming up and we will plan on meeting up.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

look at all of his songs! and he also memorized every last one of em, even with the bud

For some people drugs are no excuse and no handicap.... Look at Freud, Monet, Hendrix (who did it with bud and playing a guitar upside down), Hunter S. Thompson (maybe a bad example there), Barry Bonds....

Hey drugs help some people perform...
Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

cant go wrong with the outlaws either
Oh no do we have a treehugging hippie here amoungst us? [8D] LOL

And when it comes to tree hugging hippie guitar players... I don't think anyone will argue with me when I say that Dave Mathews is firmly cemented as #1 on that list.

Edit: And I'll even give John Mayer second. I hate his music, but the dude can play... if he'd only use his powers for evil instead of good!
I have tried to like Dave Mathews music but I just can't stand it, and as far as John Mayer[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]. I hope someone has taken away his man card for being such a wuss.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

And we are forgetting Bill Gibbons. ZZ TOP???? That man has one of the coolest blues/rock styles ever.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK Fine... Here some Huntingnet.com representation in the guitar world....
Here's my dumb ass drunk with my old guitar
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingvjack

Quick Reply: schultzy lets fire up some G N R it's getting boring here tonight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.