Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

Old 03-26-2008, 11:16 AM

Default When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

This is a rather interesting fall. Being a leap year kinda messed me up a little, and the second full moon is late this fall, Nov. 13. I can't take off the 1st of any month due to inventory responsibilities, so I can't take my "normal" week off. Also, MO's rifle season is early this year, opening on Nov. 8. I don't rifle hunt, but I will go some w/ my bow, but I don't take that week off like most people I know do. Also, with it being earlier this year I think the artillery will take out a few more bucks than average. So I had a real delima as when to take off this year.

I decided on Oct. 27, and Nov. 5-11. Looking @ quicksilver's poll, that looks to be the right time.

So how about it? When are ya'll taking off work this year, in the hopes of dropping that buck?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 AM

Default RE: When will your vacation be this year?

My vacation will start on Oct 31 at 3PM and I will be off until November 17th. I would have more but I have a week in December I have to take for a honeymoon.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

With my line of work I have to put in a year in advance. I will be off from October 25th, till Thanksgiving, will be out in ILLINOIS most of that time, then return home, work for a week then off a few days for the New Jersey Muzzleloader season, work a half week then off for the whole week of December 8th for the New Jersey Shotgun Buck only week
Old 03-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got back from a nice warm Florida vacation...

Since I have better than 200 hours of PTOcoming to me I'll probably take a week this summer and a week or so this fall during the rut...
Old 03-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Edited for "hunting" vacation......

I'll take a day when Rob comes down to turkey hunt in a few weeks.

I'll take a few days here and there during the magic time (deer hunting).....but I'm playing it by ear.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:32 AM

Spending all mine taking the family to Disney World this summer, so I'll be weekend warrioring it this season. Fortunately, I live close to where I hunt.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

My new job gives me a vaca from Dec thru March [:@]......but I will be going to western nd sept 6 thru the 13 for muly and speed goat...
Old 03-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

ORIGINAL: mobow

This is a rather interesting fall. Being a leap year kinda messed me up a little, and the second full moon is late this fall, Nov. 13. I can't take off the 1st of any month due to inventory responsibilities, so I can't take my "normal" week off. Also, MO's rifle season is early this year, opening on Nov. 8. I don't rifle hunt, but I will go some w/ my bow, but I don't take that week off like most people I know do. Also, with it being earlier this year I think the artillery will take out a few more bucks than average. So I had a real delima as when to take off this year.

I decided on Oct. 27, and Nov. 5-11. Looking @ quicksilver's poll, that looks to be the right time.

So how about it? When are ya'll taking off work this year, in the hopes of dropping that buck?
Don't plan that Nov vacation yet, the MO website says opening firearms day is the 15th!

I'll be off the first week of Archery Season in September and another 2 weeks in November
Old 03-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

NOVEMBER BABY!!!!
>>>---------->
Old 03-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

I'll take Nov. 10-18 for my trip to OH. I'll probably be taking a few days here and there for turkey hunting too, and jump out early for some archery evening hunts at spots near work.

Quick Reply: When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.