Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

Old 03-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

November 6-12 with a few other days scattered here and there.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

September 19-27th for elk!

Then tenatively I'm looking at making long weekends out of october 24,25,26 and november 14,15,16. Sandwhiched between thoseI'm offOct 31-nov 5.

Plus every weekend of october & november and some scattered afternoons during the week
Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

November 13th through the 25th.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: wallhangr

This is a rather interesting fall. Being a leap year kinda messed me up a little, and the second full moon is late this fall, Nov. 13. I can't take off the 1st of any month due to inventory responsibilities, so I can't take my "normal" week off. Also, MO's rifle season is early this year, opening on Nov. 8. I don't rifle hunt, but I will go some w/ my bow, but I don't take that week off like most people I know do. Also, with it being earlier this year I think the artillery will take out a few more bucks than average. So I had a real delima as when to take off this year.

I decided on Oct. 27, and Nov. 5-11. Looking @ quicksilver's poll, that looks to be the right time.

So how about it? When are ya'll taking off work this year, in the hopes of dropping that buck?
Don't plan that Nov vacation yet, the MO website says opening firearms day is the 15th!

I'll be off the first week of Archery Season in September and another 2 weeks in November
OH MAN!!! You're right!! I looked @ the calendar wrong, it does indeed open the 15th!!! GROOVIN!!!!! Ok, now I gotta go re-think this a bit..... Thanks for pointing that out, I had temporary blindness or something...
Moving the firearm season doesnt start til 2009 I believe I read.

As for me. We always have what is called fall break at the end of October. We get a thursday and friday off, so I have a 4 day weekend. For the past 3 years I have shot a deer during our break. Then I usually hunt every weekend until december.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: davidmil

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

This is a rather interesting fall. Being a leap year kinda messed me up a little, and the second full moon is late this fall, Nov. 13. I can't take off the 1st of any month due to inventory responsibilities, so I can't take my "normal" week off. Also, MO's rifle season is early this year, opening on Nov. 8. I don't rifle hunt, but I will go some w/ my bow, but I don't take that week off like most people I know do. Also, with it being earlier this year I think the artillery will take out a few more bucks than average. So I had a real delima as when to take off this year.

I decided on Oct. 27, and Nov. 5-11. Looking @ quicksilver's poll, that looks to be the right time.

So how about it? When are ya'll taking off work this year, in the hopes of dropping that buck?
Being a teacher of a private Christian school, chosen days off are difficult ... I will try and get any morning or leave early throughout ALL of bow season ....
You know... it occured to me that with your connections with the big guy above, you should beable to just pick a day somewhere around the 9th-14th of Nov and come home a winner. Maybe you should work from that direction. Pick it and pray harder for food for the larder. Praying for big horns just seems wrong somehow.
Yaknow David, He does bless me with deer meat ..... I don't get to hunt NEARLY as much time to hunt as I used to before I gave my life to Christ, but my success has shot up 1000%. I used to get deer on average of 1 / year ... now I usualy drop at least 2/year in half the time ...... I pray for venison ... and I love to make it for people ...
Amen. Don't forget to have fun. You are a blessed man Rev.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I took April 24-27 for turkeys and Nov 6-9 but these are combined with normal days off giving me13 days off in Aprilin a row and 13 in a row in oct-nov.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

June and for 2 weeks in November in MS
Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bear - May 24-Jun1

Deer - Oct. 1st - 4th

Deer - Nov. 15-18th

Old 03-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've taken the week of Nov. 10 off. So that should actually allow me to hunt Nov. 8 - 16 'full time'.... Beyond that just some weekends - unless I can sneak a couple more days of vacation in there somehow
Old 03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Updated today my vacation is September 12th - 24th as I just got drawn for cow elk in AZ!

Quick Reply: When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.