Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

Old 03-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

I'll be off from Oct 24 through Nov 1. when my brother comes to IL for some deer hunting. Otherwise, just a couple scattered days here and there during season.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

off from oct 30 til nov 14
Old 03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Dominant Buck

It started in 2000 when I sold my business. It runs until I stop running.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

This is a rather interesting fall. Being a leap year kinda messed me up a little, and the second full moon is late this fall, Nov. 13. I can't take off the 1st of any month due to inventory responsibilities, so I can't take my "normal" week off. Also, MO's rifle season is early this year, opening on Nov. 8. I don't rifle hunt, but I will go some w/ my bow, but I don't take that week off like most people I know do. Also, with it being earlier this year I think the artillery will take out a few more bucks than average. So I had a real delima as when to take off this year.

I decided on Oct. 27, and Nov. 5-11. Looking @ quicksilver's poll, that looks to be the right time.

So how about it? When are ya'll taking off work this year, in the hopes of dropping that buck?
Being a teacher of a private Christian school, chosen days off are difficult ... I will try and get any morning or leave early throughout ALL of bow season ....
Old 03-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

This is a rather interesting fall. Being a leap year kinda messed me up a little, and the second full moon is late this fall, Nov. 13. I can't take off the 1st of any month due to inventory responsibilities, so I can't take my "normal" week off. Also, MO's rifle season is early this year, opening on Nov. 8. I don't rifle hunt, but I will go some w/ my bow, but I don't take that week off like most people I know do. Also, with it being earlier this year I think the artillery will take out a few more bucks than average. So I had a real delima as when to take off this year.

I decided on Oct. 27, and Nov. 5-11. Looking @ quicksilver's poll, that looks to be the right time.

So how about it? When are ya'll taking off work this year, in the hopes of dropping that buck?
Being a teacher of a private Christian school, chosen days off are difficult ... I will try and get any morning or leave early throughout ALL of bow season ....
You know... it occured to me that with your connections with the big guy above, you should beable to just pick a day somewhere around the 9th-14th of Nov and come home a winner. Maybe you should work from that direction. Pick it and pray harder for food for the larder. Praying for big horns just seems wrong somehow.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

It started in 2000 when I sold my business. It runs until I stop running.
Well sir.....envious though I am, you've certainly earned it.

Had to update mine a little, since I had my head up my back side earlier......I get 21 days this year, so I took every monday in october off, and I'm off from Nov. 5-16.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

You know... it occured to me that with your connections with the big guy above, you should beable to just pick a day somewhere around the 9th-14th of Nov and come home a winner. Maybe you should work from that direction. Pick it and pray harder for food for the larder. Praying for big horns just seems wrong somehow.
Yaknow David, He does bless me with deer meat ..... I don't get to hunt NEARLY as much time to hunt as I used to before I gave my life to Christ, but my success has shot up 1000%. I used to get deer on average of 1 / year ... now I usualy drop at least 2/year in half the time ...... I pray for venison ... and I love to make it for people ...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:21 PM

I take every Friday in October and the first two weeks of Novemberand a couple of days in December.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not exactly sure, but the 9th and 10th of Nov. will be in there someplace.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:35 PM

September 3-13 for Colorado Elk.

November 1-7 for deer, and lots of evening and morning hunts in between. I'm fortunate with a flexible schedule to work very long days so I can take more vacation without actually using vacation days.

Quick Reply: When will your "hunting" vacation be this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.