Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opinions on best arrow for Ally

Old 03-26-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Opinions on best arrow for Ally

Well I can't beleive it but I bought an 08 Ally today. I have always been hoyt but with hoyt not making a light enough mass weight bow to fit my needs these days, I'm switching until they come up with one so I was lookin around for a used 07 Ally or Drenalin to get me by this year and I happened to come across an 08 Ally that has been shot very little, for the same price as an 07with a season under its beltso I couldn't pass on the deal...... Anyways for you Ally guys, in our opinion what is the best arrow to shoot out of itwith a30" draw @ 65-70 lbs for mainly hunting and some local 3D shooting. Won't get the bow for a few days yet but lookin to plan ahead so I can get shooting it as soon as possible. Thanks WCL
Old 03-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Opinions on best arrow for Ally

I shoot ACC 3-49's out of my Ally with great results.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot the 3-60 A/C/C's out of mine for years with no problems... 65 lbs., 100-grain tips.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I shot a/c/c's out of mine, too.....3-71's.....with a 100gr. head....29" DL.

I also shot Radial X-Weaves from this bow for a while and it loved them, too.

You bought a GREAT bow.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Easton FMJ 340's, 125gr heads. They shoot well.
29 inch draw and 70lbs.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:33 AM

Any properly spined, quality arrow will work wonderfully from that bow. Some of the good ones that come to mind are Carbon Express Maxima Hunters, Easton ACC, and the Easton Super Slam. I'm personally not a fan of the Axis arrow, I think for the money they cost the tolerances are too loose.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, speed, KE, 3D.....a great mixture of the 3 would be a 2513 Super Slam. Nice and fat and @ around 500 grains finished weight I would suspect your Ally would hurl them around 280 or better. Maybe a tick less, but I doubt it. If you want speed, the Maxima Hunter 350 would fit the bill, and would be screamin fast. The Hunter is arguably the very best all carbon arrow on the market, and a 29" Hunter will be around 375 grains.

The ACC is pretty hard to beat. I would suspect you'll need a 3-60, and @ 29" they will be around 425 grains, finished weight. I'm betting you would have that arrow wellover 300 and would have lots of KE to spare. The downside to the ACC and Maxima are their outside diameter, if you are into the 3D thing. The fatter the better there.

I'm sure there are others that would be terrific, such as Gold Tip, Victory, or even the Radial Weave. I have absolutely zero experience w/ them so I won't say anything about them.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm lookin more for speed and maybe KE somewhat. The 3Ds are not real competitional more hunting practice based for me so I don't want fat arrows..... I want a fast but strong arrow.... I shot carbon impacts out of my hoyt and they are super strong (have hit trees, bounced em off stuff and they never broke or cracked and shot alot of deer with no breaks). WCL
Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

What type of speeds are all you guys getting with yours drawlength/lbs/arrow? WCL
Old 03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

29 inch DL
28 inch shaft 495grains finished weight.
287fps

Old 03-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I shoot ACC 3-49's out of my Ally with great results.
I agree with that!!

CX Maxima 350's or the CX Maxima Hunter 350 would both be excellent choices as well.

Dan

Quick Reply: Opinions on best arrow for Ally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.