Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Swipe the Plastic--I pay it off
27.10%
Swipe the Plastic--Im in debt up to my eyeballs
5.61%
Cold hard cash(also debit/checks)
61.68%
SHHHHH!!..... I know some people.
2.80%
You know that guy that's been missing his camera, feeder, etc??
2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

How do you pay?

Old 03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How do you pay?

Some of you guys have so much stuff it aint even funny, No problem with that I'm sure you worked your butt off for it.... but for the most part, how do you guys pay the hunting bills?

For me, Idonteven have a credit card, It's all hard earned... disclaimer: I did "finance" an atv, and they sent me my remainingcredit line in a card..[&:] Also I'm a big Ebay Junkie.... I bought a G5 meta peep for 10.00 tyd.... same price as in a store, but i didnt have to pay taxes on it. maybe thats taking it a little too far but it's how i am.

I also bought the site on my bow from ebay brand new, at my shop=130.00, Ebay to my door= 80.00
Old 03-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How do you pay?

Only thing I use creditfor is my house and vehicles... Only way to roll
Old 03-25-2008, 07:14 PM

Sweat equity. Bust my arse.

If I didn't work @ the shop, I wouldn't have 75% of what I do. He keeps a running tab for me, which I try VERY hard to keep under $200 at all times. Which isn't really difficult. I sell old stuff to pay for new, I cut grass in the summer....shoot, I even walk the ditches picking up aluminum cans to recycle. Now and then I hit it big and find a bunch of copper. Odd jobs, whatever it takes. The biggest is .......DON'T SPEND every 10 dollar bill you make here and there on soda and lunch. I have a drawer in my desk @ work I put it in. I work in BFE, so I can't spend it there anyway. And, if it's in my desk......I can't spend it when I get home. Next thing ya know there's 2 or 300 bucks in there.....HELLO SCENTLOK FULL SEASON!! WHOOHOOOO!!!!

If you want it badly enough......there IS a way to do it. But you can't be afraid to work for it. Nothin's free in this world. The Hoyt dealer is not gonna show up @ your door and say Here, have this brand new Katera on us. Easton won't bang down your door to lavish you w/ arrows. You gotta earn it. It's called sweat. And it's good for ya.

DISCLAIMER: The use of the word "you" is meant generically, and is not directed at anyone in particular.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

mostly debit. i dont like carrying cash. i will buy little things like under ten $.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

DISCLAIMER: The use of the word "you" is meant generically, and is not directed at anyone in particular.
I was like what the crap?? I'm sastified with what i have.... i was just wondering about everyboy else!?... then i seen the above
Old 03-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

I can't take it with me when I'm gone, so I might as well spend it while I'm here

I do save some though...gonna have to retire some day
Old 03-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Dominant Buck

I swipe the plastic because it's convenient. I NEVER run a balance. I pay it off when the bill comes in. I've haven't paid interest on a credit card in 37 years. It's the same as cash except I don't have to carry the cash. I carry enough money to take care of emergency towing or whatever, but never more than 300 or 400 dollars, unless I'm going somewhere like my annual fishing trip to Canada where they want cash. Then I'll take a couple thousand.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Overtime at work, a little yard mowing, and gift giving. Though last month's overtime went toward some new furniture, kitchen flooring, insurance deductable, medicine prescription[&:].
Old 03-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the card and pay it off at the end of every month. Only reason I do this is because I know I have the $$$ to pay it off, and I earn points on the cards doing this that help me get more goodies. [8D] I haven't carried a balance on a card for almost 3 years now outside of the card I use for work expense and travel.

I've accumulated enough goodies over the years that I usually can sell something to come up with the money to buy something else. I rarely buy new unless I've got some sort of special deal on it, and this way I'm paying minimal $$$ out of pocket for just about anything.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Save Save Save, and just about all of my purchases are hunting items. No video games, CDs, clothes, all that other junk otherteenagers buy. Just food, gas, and huntin' baby!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.