Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Swipe the Plastic--I pay it off
27.10%
Swipe the Plastic--Im in debt up to my eyeballs
5.61%
Cold hard cash(also debit/checks)
61.68%
SHHHHH!!..... I know some people.
2.80%
You know that guy that's been missing his camera, feeder, etc??
2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

How do you pay?

Old 03-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How do you pay?

As so many have learned, myself included, I stay away from Credit Cards. Cash only.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I think if many could get away from the "credit" word and simply look at it as a "cash" card with benefits.....they'd realize they're missing out on a lot of fringe benefits. We fly internationally for free due to the use of our "cash" cards.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I think if many could get away from the "credit" word and simply look at it as a "cash" card with benefits.....they'd realize they're missing out on a lot of fringe benefits. We fly internationally for free due to the use of our "cash" cards.
That's terrific!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Debit Card only, and most of the big stuff ispaid for frombonuses and tax returns.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use my credit carda lot but pay it off IN FULL every month....i get 2% back of what i spend...so its a great deal if you pay your bill off every month
Old 03-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

cash, its easier to hide the transactions from the wife! HA HA HA, just kidding (I'm not actually kidding)
Old 03-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, What you seem to fail to realize is that the majority of American people have no business with a credit card. They can Not handle it. There is no right and no wrong, Just a fact the biggest majority of card holders do Not manage the acct. correctly and end up in a terrible fix.

Evidently you and your wife do a good job of managing yours. Kudos to you!!

Dan
Old 03-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Jeff, What you seem to fail to realize is that the majority of American people have no business with a credit card.
Dan I don't fail to realize that. I'm giving my fellow man the benefit of the doubt to realize for himselfif he has a problem with credit or if he doesn't. I'm just not willing to throw out the baby with the bath water. If I failed to take advantage of FREE incentives offered to me by CC companies........that woud be a TERRIBLE business decision.

The CC is my slave and not my master.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, I have to respond to this. There is a lot of misinformation flying around here and I would like to set the record straight.

YOU DO NOT NEED A CREDIT CARD!!! I rent cars, stay at hotels, buy gas etc... with just my check card. Now, some of you seem to think why not get the free points. Well guess what, even check cards get free points too. I just used my check card points to 2 free flight tickets to Miami.

IMHO, if you are always borrowing money you will never have any. I have no debt except my home and I plan on keeping it that way. Plus, by not carrying debt I have been able to save a significant amount and put it in a money market for a rainy day. I also put an extra $500 a month outside of my roth 401k into mutual funds and if I had a car payment I couldn't do that.

Lastly, if you you pay with cash you typically avoid buyers remorse since there is no guilt associated with the purchase. I like to actually own the things I buy, not the other way around. Just my .02 cents and I don't want any change back.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm giving my fellow man the benefit of the doubt to realize for himselfif he has a problem with credit or if he doesn't.
Just like an Alcoholic, he/she knowsthey have a problem with alcohol, but not touching it is a tough order. Many, many people can Not handle credit, even have a history of such problems. Yet many banks will continue to issue cards. It is ridiculous.

I have 1 credit card and the balance is payed off every month. I used to have 2 but cancelled the other. I had sent in a payment on that card and it was due on the 10th. It showed on the statement that payment was received on the 10th and they had charged me a late fee of $35. I called and it had arrived at 1pm local time every thing received after noon is on the next business daybut still the date on the statement was the 10th. I would have felt better had it showed the payment being received the 11th.

I told them a check was on the way, and they could close my acct.

I understand you are getting perks, and that's fine, but the idea of those perks cost several people enough they could fly around the World and then some.

Just look at the stats right now on Home Foreclosures. I have custom built homes for 28 years and to me it is No wonder people get in such a bind. Very Few if any build a house to live in, provide shelter, and warmth. It's a status thing for many. Rooms they never go in, dormers where there is no 2nd story, ceilings tall enough for a giraffe, etc., etc. I have built many homes where I myself could not even afford the Property Tax, nor would I want to, much less the Mortgage payment.

American people are soft and a huge majority live past their means.

It's like a friend once told me "Everyone has their vice. For some it's Clothes, others it's Houses, some jewelry, some cars, etc., etc. I guess for me it's Archery

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.