Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Swipe the Plastic--I pay it off
27.10%
Swipe the Plastic--Im in debt up to my eyeballs
5.61%
Cold hard cash(also debit/checks)
61.68%
SHHHHH!!..... I know some people.
2.80%
You know that guy that's been missing his camera, feeder, etc??
2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

How do you pay?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How do you pay?

Hotels are also not a problem.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont have a debit card from my banks,they each wanted to give me one but told them no thanks...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

With the only good thing the ex-wife gave me child support!!! When my daughter turned 18 and my support ended going to her I started having it put directly into a savings account or hunting fund as I like to call it now!!!! Walt
Old 03-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

CC and no rolling balance. You gotta take advantage of the system to get you rewards poiunts. Cash gives no bonus.

Heck I charged an inground swimming pool, complete with vinyl fencing and landscaping. I'm proud to say that that purchase rewarded us with a couple flights and rooms. Cash would have left us with a pool.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX
You can set up a debit card to do the same thing,just have to have the money in the account to cover it.
Exactly!!

Dan
Old 03-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm an electrician and when I need some extra cash its not hard for me to find side work.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

1 piece of advice to everyone,cut up all credit cards NOW and be rid of them.They are a bad road to nowhere,even if you pay them off at the end of the month.If you need to use plastic,YOU CAN"T AFFORD IT.

Credit card companies have a slick way of "not recieving" payments in time,even if mailed in plenty of time(I have had this hapopen,more than once.

Secondly,you have a much higher risk of having your identity stolen when you use them.

Nothing can be bought with a credit card that can't be purchased with adebit card and the security is better.Plus,you are not using borrowed money.
Sounds like someone had trouble at some point, managing money. As for the late payment or late billing, you simpley set up your online bank to take care of these things. All transaction are safe secure and 100% ontime. They are also viewable, printable and trackable.
Credit identity theft please..deal with a rebutable company and you have protection from these types of things. It can happen to anyone .whethre you use a CC, Cash, Debit, or just talk too loudly in the DMV. A good Company covers you and protects you..just like the commercials (1st hand exp).

So what does your cash, checkand debit card reward you with??? hmmm and don' say piece of mind. That ship sailed!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't buy a lot of new equipment.I but good stuff and then use it for it's life,which can be quite long when you take care of your things.I am always searching for better and more efficient or practical clothing,but I rarely pay retail for them,like buying long underwear now versus in the fall.Knowing when to buy and where makes all the difference.
I don't carry cash or very little.My wife and I put every thing on our credit card,we pay it off completely every month,we get a statement at the end of the year showing every purchase by category which is helpful for tax purposes,and our card is an air miles card so I fly on my out of state hunt free practically every year.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm surprised no one mentioned American Express.

I use Amex quite a bit, for personal and business transactions.There's no preset spending limit, no intrest, and must be paid in full every month. The points and rewards are pretty good as well.

Certain Amex cards will get you preferred seating at sporting events and concerts, better selections at car rentals,complimentary accessto clublounges at airports, and preferential treatment at hotels and resorts.Not that I do anything so fancy......but just sayin.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:00 AM
Dominant Buck

We use our CC all the time.....even carry a balance every now and then.

We're rewarded with freuent flyer miles......and we use them. We go to Mexico and Canada a couple times each most every year. I purchase everything I can on my CC.....and I'll continue to do so.

Biggest thing Lisa and I have going for us is we put 20% of both our slaries into our retirement accounts. We work hard.....we just don't wanna be doing that when we get older.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.