Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Swipe the Plastic--I pay it off
27.10%
Swipe the Plastic--Im in debt up to my eyeballs
5.61%
Cold hard cash(also debit/checks)
61.68%
SHHHHH!!..... I know some people.
2.80%
You know that guy that's been missing his camera, feeder, etc??
2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

How do you pay?

Old 03-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do you pay?

Swipe it and then pay it off monthly(except for my garage).....My house,harley's,atv's,boat's,car's,hunting stuffare all payed off,the only payment I have are my 08 pickup,garage(cc will be payed off by Oct)and 800 left on my 07artic cat(c card) I bought itthis lastfall.....
We want to be debt free by Feb 09 except for the 08Pickup witch should be payed off in 2-3 yrs..........

Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Quite a bit of consideration and saving goes into every major purchase I make.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Debit card!

Credit cards are a No, No for me!!

Dan
Old 03-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Dominant Buck

1 piece of advice to everyone,cut up all credit cards NOW and be rid of them.They are a bad road to nowhere,even if you pay them off at the end of the month.If you need to use plastic,YOU CAN"T AFFORD IT.

Credit card companies have a slick way of "not recieving" payments in time,even if mailed in plenty of time(I have had this hapopen,more than once.

Secondly,you have a much higher risk of having your identity stolen when you use them.

Nothing can be bought with a credit card that can't be purchased with adebit card and the security is better.Plus,you are not using borrowed money.
That's not exactly true. I have the money but don't carry it. If I wanted to buy a car tomorrow and happened to be traveling, I could buy it with my credit card and pay it off when I got home. The card is a convenience if used properly and not like the couple above that owe $25000 for toys on their card. I can go to any restaurant, any hotel in the world and hand them my plastic. Most wouldn't take a check from a bank in Maryland and I live in NY. LOL I can go to Canada and hand them a card and get the best exchange rate. A card is a useful tool if used properly.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use cash, can't let the wife know THE REAL amount I spend on my hobbies, but for work travel I too use plastic b/c of exchange rates and the ease of using world wide as stated above, which gets paid off every month. Oh yeah, I use the world businees card for the internet purchases and the wife don't ever look at that card.....haha
Old 03-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

1 piece of advice to everyone,cut up all credit cards NOW and be rid of them.They are a bad road to nowhere,even if you pay them off at the end of the month.If you need to use plastic,YOU CAN"T AFFORD IT.

Credit card companies have a slick way of "not recieving" payments in time,even if mailed in plenty of time(I have had this hapopen,more than once.

Secondly,you have a much higher risk of having your identity stolen when you use them.

Nothing can be bought with a credit card that can't be purchased with adebit card and the security is better.Plus,you are not using borrowed money.
That's not exactly true. I have the money but don't carry it. If I wanted to buy a car tomorrow and happened to be traveling, I could buy it with my credit card and pay it off when I got home. The card is a convenience if used properly and not like the couple above that owe $25000 for toys on their card. I can go to any restaurant, any hotel in the world and hand them my plastic. Most wouldn't take a check from a bank in Maryland and I live in NY. LOL I can go to Canada and hand them a card and get the best exchange rate. A card is a useful tool if used properly.
You can set up a debit card to do the same thing,just have to have the money in the account to cover it.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Site Bouncer

Exactly right...Try renting a car without a credit card....can't do it, debit cards (unless they are the credit type as well) won't fly. Credit cards can come in handy and you don't have to carry lots of cash around with you. I useone credit card for my business and one for personal as well as one debit card. We pay them all off every month. I will say this though and I hate this about credit card companies.....you actually get penalized for paying off your balance every month, How? they give you like a 3-5 day turnaround window. You don't get the same amount of time you would if you carried a balance. Actually they give you one less week to get in the payment....but you don't get your statement till the middle of the month![:@][:@]It's funny how that statement always come late for us...Hmmmmmmm

I was convinced they were doing this on purpose.....some months we won't get our statement till way late in the month, then we only had a few days to get it back to the CC company. One time we got the statement, sent it out the next day and it STILL didn't get to them in time. I was furious, I told them there was NO WAY I was paying interest and that I would drop them if I did. Well they waived it and the next week I dropped them anyway. My business CC company is a little better but they still treat you like crap if you pay off your card every month. We have a DU card for our personal CC now and theyare at least slightly better but they sure want you to carry a balance..........Bloodsuckers.[:@]

Pay them off every month fellas, I can't tell you how good it feels not to owe anyone anything!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2,800.00 left on two cards then they are payed off(2000 on one and 800 on the other).Then we are going to call all 6 cc company's and see who will give us the best interest ratethen we will take the 2 best and cancel the worst 4.......Its hard to rent a car,buy a plane ticket,reserve a hotel room with out a credit card...........Its also nice when I Fly & Ride...H.O.G.....
Then all I will have is a Pickup payment thats it...............
Old 03-25-2008, 09:00 PM

I am fortunate , like mobo and a couple others to have access to equipment. It's not free , but at cost.
I still have to pay for it and I use a Corporate AmEx.
I might carry a balance for 2 months if I have a lot of things I need , but never longer than that.
I will save for the bigger items , like a new bow. I sell the old one's to help pay for the new.
It all works out. I never have to take $ from the personal accounts.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Exactly right...Try renting a car without a credit card....can't do it, debit cards (unless they are the credit type as well) won't fly. Credit cards can come in handy and you don't have to carry lots of cash around with you. I useone credit card for my business and one for personal as well as one debit card. We pay them all off every month. I will say this though and I hate this about credit card companies.....you actually get penalized for paying off your balance every month, How? they give you like a 3-5 day turnaround window. You don't get the same amount of time you would if you carried a balance. Actually they give you one less week to get in the payment....but you don't get your statement till the middle of the month![:@][:@]It's funny how that statement always come late for us...Hmmmmmmm

I was convinced they were doing this on purpose.....some months we won't get our statement till way late in the month, then we only had a few days to get it back to the CC company. One time we got the statement, sent it out the next day and it STILL didn't get to them in time. I was furious, I told them there was NO WAY I was paying interest and that I would drop them if I did. Well they waived it and the next week I dropped them anyway. My business CC company is a little better but they still treat you like crap if you pay off your card every month. We have a DU card for our personal CC now and theyare at least slightly better but they sure want you to carry a balance..........Bloodsuckers.[:@]

Pay them off every month fellas, I can't tell you how good it feels not to owe anyone anything!

You CAN rent a car WITHOUT a credit card,I HAVE DONE IT atleast 3 times,down and debit.

AND mine is NOT a credit card type.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.