Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bemans are the way to go!

Old 02-16-2003, 05:23 PM

Default Bemans are the way to go!

As i look at all the arrow postings and i see that the beman ics' s are what people like to shoot, so thats what i' ve decided to get. What are some cool feather color options? I was thinking something like all white or white and 1 green. I know this doesn' t matter but what do you guys have?
Old 02-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bemans are the way to go!

T-23
Being mostly an elk hunter most arrows don' t pass through, some do, therefore I like all white on mine just in case I can catch a glimpse of one that' s hit and runs off. Great choice on the beman ics. I would' nt shoot anything else.

elknut1
Old 02-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer two orange feathers and one white feather. This aids in seeing where your arrow hits and recovery of your arrow after a pass thru.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:59 PM

Feathers are cool if you like to be creative. try splicing a Flo. Green & white feather together mostly all white with the back end the green for your cock feather. On the other reverse it & go with almost all Flo. green with the end being white.

If you really want a neat looking arrow go with barred feathers & mix the yellow barred with the natural white barreds once again splice them & it is way too cool looking!

for more info go to true flight feathers web site or gateway feathers website. Theyboth tell how to splice them.

Old 02-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve used all white feathers for a while on my ICS camo hunters and love it. This past season I the shop was out of white and I went to all yellow. White was much easer to see. It is very important to know where your arrow hit the animal you' ve taken but be ware of peeking after the shot. A bright color seems to make it easer not to have to " peek."
Old 02-16-2003, 10:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

For hunting purposes I much prefer to have atleast two of the feathers white. The cock feather I like white also cause I shoot a fall away rest but a flo green works well. I also prefer to have white nocks. The animals will not see the white feathers and it aids in seeing where you hit and also if you get a pass thru the blood is much easier to see on the white feathers wich will also aid in knowing where you hit.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same here!! But with one White and two Florescent green vanes and florescent green nocks!!
Old 02-17-2003, 06:49 AM

I have shot Beman ICS 400' s for three years and I love em. Even the arrows that I use for practice, I wouldn' t worry much about taking them out and hunting with them because of being bent or something like that. I' ve only had one break on me. But that was in an outdoor 3-D shoot and I wacked it up against a tree. Oh well. I' ve skidded a couple across pavement, picked em up and they were still straight as can be. Good choice T-23.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:18 PM

I shoot ICS or Camo Hunters with a white wrap with two yellow bared or tree feathers with one orand barred or tree. No problems seeing the two I hit last year.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:04 PM

Thanks guys for your input, what broadhead do you guys use with the bemans?

Quick Reply: Bemans are the way to go!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.