Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who makes a good, cheap GPS....I NEED ONE!

Old 03-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: *********UPDATE**********

I don't know your specific unit, but it's not rocket science. You just have to play with it and learn what the additional drop down menus do for you. Once you figure out one the others come. It depends on whether you have navigation on or off and which screen you're on. Sometime, like waypoints, you have to make sure you back all the way out of that before you can really get to something else. In the beginning use the default settings. Get out in the yard, turn on navigation and take a walk. Back track to the start or pick a different route and go to start. Save your track. Look at it, bring it up on the map. Make waypoints along the way. Learn to give them names etc etc. Just play with the thing. Google Geocaching and find some in your area. Go find them. You'll get exercise and learn most of the bobbles. If you don't stay a little active with it in the beginning you'll forget. Heck, if I don't play with mine for 2 or 3 months I have to stop and explore to find how I did something or do something. You bought a cheapy so won't have all the bobbles, but it'll still take you from point A to anywhere in the world. When you get there you can ask it how do I get home and it'll take you there if you never look up from the screen even.

If you just can't get it... find someone nearby that has one. Ask for a little guidance. People are always happy to show how much smarter than you they are.[8D]