Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone used this service?

Old 03-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Has anyone used this service?

#1) Has anyone used this service to increase their chances with the Bill Winke's "scout" and was it worth the $400 plus?
#2) If you have used this service, what type of terrain and state was your experience from?
#3) Obviously, he spends the majority of the time hunting crops in the midwest (Iowa, etc.), does he have the "know-how" to make it work for the big woods of NH?

* If this is a shortcut to chances of bigger deer, I think it would be worth it, but $400 plus dollars is a lot of money
if it doesn't work.

http://www.mytopo.com/scout/
Old 03-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Has anyone used this service?

HMM Certainly interesting. Would like to pick 10 myself amd then let the board pick 10 and then see how the service differs..

Take the plunge for us ED..

Now the question isthat diluting your hunting exp?? (Sorry)
Old 03-25-2008, 11:26 AM

Thats a cool idea...but no way I would pay that much for it. That guy will make a killing if people go for it.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is an itereating idea. He probabky will make some money off of it because thats how bad people want to kill big deer! Its just the same way outfitters make money except you are hunting on their land and not yours. But i personally wouldn't use this service because i would feel like the deer really wasn't mine. But i wouldn't hold it against anyone that killed a good deer after using this service.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry but I wouldn't payBill Winke $400.00 to personally come to my hunting spot and tell me where to hunt.[8D]
Old 03-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Bartender

I use www.myexpertgps.com and upload my GPS data to the satellite maps.

Bushnell now has a ( www.bushnellgps.com ) GPS with satellite maps on it and you can download and upload for $299.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good remarks by all, thanks, as this will help me determine if I want to take the plunge.
I did ask my hunting buddies if they wanted to split it 3-ways and they laughed at me,
so if I do it and it's successful, then I will charge those cheap S.O.B.

Make sure you read the whole offering, as I would hate to have everyone think Bill Winke is just a gold digger.
There are a few maps @ $50 each and it sounds like a few phone calls including his time, not to mention research time,
and I could only imagine 5-8 hours there. So the best I can figure by the time he pay's off mytopo and marketing, etc.
I bet he makes $25-30 / hour???
So don't cast any judgements about how people become rich (ha-ha)!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

If this is productive, especially for newer areas you only have a limited amount of scouting time into,
don't you think it's cheaper than paying to go hunt somewhere?
Plus you have this information as long as the spot(s) are productive.
Someone posted that it could take 2-3 years to really understand the lay of the land, makes me think?
Anyone use it? Come on, help a brother out?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sold on it ed. Too many variables. crop rotations, time of year, hunting pressure, etc. Plus a lot of it is basic like funnels, bedding areas, feeding areas,masttrees. And someof my best spots I still have no idea why they are so good. Nothing there looks like it should be good but it is. Instead of paying $400 I think I would do a little leg work and hunt and adjust acordingly.

A side note: we got a fishing hotspots map for a lake. went to where it said walleyes and started jigging and caught a big one right away.So who's to say?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

heck ed, post your maps here and we will help pick spots for you. we will charge you only a few beers

Quick Reply: Has anyone used this service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.