Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone used this service?

Old 03-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Has anyone used this service?

Magic, thats a good idea i'm all in for a beer or two even if the are virtual ones!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted this spot for many years and know it fairly well, but it's funny how it changes from year to year.
Another note is, this area is near 2,000 acres and every year I find new terrain features that really look good.
If a "professional" can isolate key areas with a better "trained eye", I think I would jump on it for $200-300,
or as mentioned, splitting it with my tight wade hunting buddies, but $440 dollars is a bit steep without a high rating.
I do have luck in this spot, one example was two seasons ago I had a big 140lb. Doe within 6 yards a few times
and then a couch sized Buck appeared with me screwing it up and hitting his shoulder hard, never found him.
Boo-hoo! I almost cried.
Now I sing the song ~ I'm a loser baby, so why don't ya kill me
Old 03-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

I've hunted this spot for many years and know it fairly well, but it's funny how it changes from year to year.
Another note is, this area is near 2,000 acres and every year I find new terrain features that really look good.
If a "professional" can isolate key areas with a better "trained eye", I think I would jump on it for $200-300,
or as mentioned, splitting it with my tight wade hunting buddies, but $440 dollars is a bit steep without a high rating.
I do have luck in this spot, one example was two seasons ago I had a big 140lb. Doe within 6 yards a few times
and then a couch sized Buck appeared with me screwing it up and hitting his shoulder hard, never found him.
Boo-hoo! I almost cried.
Now I sing the song ~ I'm a loser baby, so why don't ya kill me
thats exactly why I dont think you would get your moneys worth. It's my belief that maps are just a starting point. Find interesting places on the map then get in there on foot and look it over.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you Todd, it's just one of those quest things, can I do better.
Heck - we spend all this money on gear and other stuff trying to get an edge, when this "scout" could be the answer.
All for the same cost of a high end Cuddeback camera.
Altough I bought the cheap WildViews 2 - $100, so there's my answer
Keep in mind that $440 dollars equates too 440 lap dances, too many choices in life??!!