Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Review.....Bowtech Constitution

Old 03-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default My Review.....Bowtech Constitution

I bought the Constitution a few weeks back.....as a target bow. I'd been hoping the 82nd would be a good dual-purpose bow for 3D and hunting, but I honestly didn't enjoy the draw cycle on the bow enough to shoot it the amount of times I like to shoot during the week to remain competitive. It's (82nd) and accurate bow....and I was successful in 3D with it in the shoots I entered.

The Constitution is a 41" ATA bow with a brace height of 8-1/4". This was the most Brace height I'd ever experienced in a compound bow, and the only thing I can say is.....it was welcomed. This was also the first time I had completely set up my own bow.....from start to finish. All I can say is......it was easy (on this bow).

Hand shock is no more prevailant than with any other Bowtech I've shot (though it's not as dead in the hand as the General or Guardian)....accuracy is great.....and the biggest thing is the fact that I don't notice the longer ATA in a target situation.

At 29.5"......and 61#'s.....it's shooting a 384gr. target arrow at 278fps (to stay within the ASA 280fps guidelines). BC on this bow was 309......so I'm extremely pleased at the performance I'm getting.

I shot it the first weekend with the wrong DL mods on it...and didn't do well, at all. Last week it performed like a champ (with the proper DL mods).

As a 2.5 yr archer......here's what I've learned. I stared with pretty short ATA bows (Switchback......Illusion). I moved a little longer with the Allegiance. No problem. The 82nd was even longer (almost 3", I believe).......no problem. I can honestly say that I'd have NO issues hunting with the Constitution at 41" ATA. I assume many hunters did this for years with no issues.

The new invelvet finish is great. Check one out if you haven't already. I'd just say to those who are looking for a new bow.....don't automatically rule out a longer ATA bow. I had unfounded reservations.

Here's a few photos of what the '08 Constitution looks like.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Review.....Bowtech Constitution

Excellent review...if I make the switch to LH...I'm considering this bow along with the commander.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

gret looking setup,and a great review.how are the whammy rests?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

gret looking setup, how are the whammy rests?
]

Better question.

When will the Limbdriver get there?

Jeff, that bow looks awesome in person too. That Viper sight is as sweet as can be, and I love the Invelvet finish...
Old 03-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Dominant Buck

The whammy is an OK rest.....and I may have the issues worked out on it, now. We'll see. I had an issue with the right prong coming loose. Loc-tite seems to have settled it.

Yes....I have a limbdriver coming. I'm not really sure if I'll put it on this bow or the 82nd.....but we'll see.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice review and one purrrttyyy bow GMMAT. I am envious. This is one of the models I have yet to own but would like to.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes....I have a limbdriver coming. I'm not really sure if I'll put it on this bow or the 82nd.....but we'll see.
FINNALLY! Good looking set-up bud, your gonna need to at least look good next time we shoot.[:-]
Old 03-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Bartender

Jeff how much does she weigh just as she sits now?

Thanks,
T
Old 03-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Dominant Buck

No idea, T. I couldn't tell ya. I don't know how much it weighs, bare bow.....lol.

I know it's pretty darned close to all the other bows.....even considering the extra ATA.

In fact....I "think" the riser on my 82nd is actually LONGER.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Bartender

ahh Ok

I always thought about going to a longer ATA and still might.

Quick Reply: My Review.....Bowtech Constitution

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.