Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Fleece half zip pullover and pants
8.00%
Fleece full zip up jacket and pants
28.00%
Just fleece half zip pullover
4.00%
Just fleece full zip jacket
10.00%
Fleece half zip up pullover and bibs
16.00%
Fleece full zip up jacket and bibs
24.00%
Dont do fleece
10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Need input on my next Product

Old 03-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need input on my next Product

I am really partial to fleece jackets - full zip. As for the pants, I'm on the fence. I've owned bibs/pants and I have no real preference. Bibs are better for the longer sits in the cold, just by virtue of more body coverage, so I guess it would depend on how "heavy" the material/insulation is going to be. Are they "cool weather" pants, or "COLD weather pants?"

There was a company that had a "textured" fleece jacket out - and it really looked great. The fabric had an impression cut/sewn in that made the jacket "look" like actual treebark. A 3-d effect.

That would probably really go great with your pattern. Just thinking out loud.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Didn't vote. I do love fleece for stand hunting however, it will pick up so much stuff if you are walking. If I'm stand hunting, I may carry it in with me and put it close to the stand. I also like the tops as a complete pullover for bowhunting, no zippers or buttons, and close fitting. Turtle neck fleeces are pretty nice for an outer layering system.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Please a jacket

Old 03-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Full zip & bibs.

I HATE half zip jackets for hunting. I bought one several years back, and still use it often, but I hate it and can't wait til it wears out.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Full zip & bibs.

I HATE half zip jackets for hunting. I bought one several years back, and still use it often, but I hate it and can't wait til it wears out.
X2
Old 03-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am curious to hear more about the treatment for waterproofing or resistance.I was intending to treat a bunch of fleece with theNikwax wash in product.
I prefer full zip any thing,gives the garment a lot more versatility for venting for longer hikes and changes in temperature through out the day.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:35 AM

Out of all the Mad Dog stuff I got I've got to say the one thing I use the most is the pull-over fleece hoodie but I wish it had a half zip, it's a bit tight at the neck. If you can make it wind blocked that's a huge bonus.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Full zip top jacket and bibs, No top pockets on the jacket, or big flap lower ones to catch the bow string. Would like to see enough materal to cover the zipper when ziped, and an elastic band or draw cord at the bottom of the jacket to keep the wind out. Would also like to see a sock or survivor type hat for the cooler weather made from the same material.

My first pick is the jacket but would also like the vest or pullover for an under layer.

And thanks Andy for considering our input.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

I didn't want to get locked in on one type so I didn't vote. But since you actually took the time and value our opinions I'll give you my personal design if I could. Fleece half zip pullover, with waterproof treatment, and a windstopper barrier sewn in. The half zip would also be offset to one side, and it would have side zip pockets. The bow arm sleeve would either have elastic or 3 cinch type straps to keep the material tight to my arm, and a grunt tube pocket on the chest.As far as bottoms go, I would go with regular bdu style pants minus the back pockets. The waist would have cinch straps to be adjustable as well as elastic cuffs at the bottom. These would also have windstopper barrier.

Build it and they will come!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep I voted pants by accident, but andy I think you need a long sleeve T-shirt also.
ORIGINAL: Gundeck

I agree with Mobow. I think the full zip jacket and bibs is the way to go.

Quick Reply: Need input on my next Product

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.