Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Allegiance vs Guardian

Old 03-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Allegiance vs Guardian

I see alot of the people on here talkabout the Ally and the Guardian I was just wondering (for fun) which one you would pickor did you pickfor huntingand maybe just an occasional local3-d shoot. I personallypicked the Guardian.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Allegiance vs Guardian

Dang! That's a tough one, for sure...

There's a reason I'll have both of them hanging in my shop even AFTER this year, probably to never go on the open market.

I've ran through a ton of our bows in the last few years, and I've only re-ordered two of them: The Guardian and the Allegiance.

The Guardian will see a lot of whitetail action, while the Ally gets to see the Colorado mountains. My Constitution gets to slay a lot of foam.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:00 PM

I have first hand with both of these bows. I myself shoot the Guardian and my best friend has an allegience. The Guardian I think is a better hunting Bow just because it is so quiet. I made a bad shot on a deer this year when my arrow deflected off a limb i didnt see, and was able to get off another shot. I think it is because it honestly didnt know where it came from. Luckily the second shot had him on the ground within seconds. Other than noise I think they are pretty similar for hunting. The allegiance is a little faster, but also a little noiser. They are both a pretty smooth draw, so other than noise there isnt too much difference.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I Love them both! My Guardian will see a lot of Whitetail action again this fall.

Dan
Old 03-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

I shot them both side by side and ended up buying the Guardian,,,,just felt right to me. Nothing wrong the the Ally at all, just a personal thing.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I'm certainly the "odd-man out" here, because I liked the Allegiance much better than the Guardian when I shot them side-by-side. I never bought either one, but I've shot both in a couple of different shops, and had a buddy that had an Allegiance that I shot a couple dozen arrows with and liked real well. I could just never get comfortable with the harsh draw cycle of the Guardian.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:27 AM
N2D

When searching for a bow, I had only two remaining I wanted to shoot. It was the Guardian and the Allegiance. I found the Guardian as quiet as can be, but just did not really like how it felt in my hand. Then I shot the Ally and due to how well it balanced in my hand, felt lighter, and it was faster, I chose the Ally. I have already ordered a Meanv suppressor and as soon as my bow gets here it will be installed on it. I do not know if that will make it as silent as the Guardian but considering the Ally has little noise anyway I would think this should sufficice. They are both very nice bows though.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I owned the Allegiance for a year and took several whitetails and a turkey with it.

I bought my son a Guardian this past December....and I've had the opportunity to shoot it some, now (he has a 1" shorter DL).

If they told me I could only own one bow....the Allegiance would be THE one.....hands down. I'll likely hunt this season with the 82nd and sell it. For the differences in the two.....the Allegiance is my pick between them, also.

Like Greg.....I use the Constitution for foam. But I'm hoping the Ally makes it one more year in the Bowtech lineup........or I see me selling the 82nd OR trading it for an '08 model (ally)after deer season.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:09 AM
Spike

It was the Guardian that won me over. Not only was it the quietest bow I ever shot it felt great in my hand and is a very stable shootable bow. I found both bows to be very easy to tune and a fun to shoot.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couldn't have picked a tougher decision. I own both, as many of the above and love them both. For me, I favor the guardian over the ally. I love how quiet and smooth the bow is, which was my deciding factor. For the first year in 3, I wont be purchasing a new bow, but sticking with my guradian. Absolutely the best hunting bow I've ever used.

Quick Reply: Allegiance vs Guardian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.