Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Try not to assume people are arrogant and cocky on the forum

Old 03-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Try not to assume people are arrogant and cocky on the forum

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

ORIGINAL: Tuco

But arrogance, cockieness, and sarcasm are some of my best attributes
They're my ONLY attributes. LMAO

Did you guys know that my team won the archery contest? We did. So now you know (if you didn't know before). I'm not necessarily saying that you guys are a bunch of losers . . . but that's pretty much what I'm saying.
nice
Old 03-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you guys know that my team won the archery contest? We did. So now you know (if you didn't know before). I'm not necessarily saying that you guys are a bunch of losers . . . but that's pretty much what I'm saying.
The king of arrogcockiasm for sure, you crack me up Quik.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sometimes its just fun to make cocky, arrogant statements and see who can figure out if you actually mean it or not
Old 03-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been here long enough, but I think this is cyclical on a lot of hunting forums during the off-season, unfortunately. How many HF threads can you have going at one time on Archerytalk and Bowsite??? Do I need to start a "Treestands are NOT ethical thread" or a "Baiting isn't really hunting thread???"
Old 03-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Site Bouncer

LOL!!.....Quick........you slay me dude!!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Lots and lots gets lost in translation, interpretation and in inflection (or lack thereof).

I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt and hope that it's reciprocated.

I've had phone conversations with people that I didn't get along with at first....and we've become friends. I've shared my home, meals, camp, equipment,3D shootsand the samein other HNI members' lives......and I'm a better person for knowing them.

I told Schultzy the other day......I am the type person that needs to understand.....so I question things...(OK...a lot). I have a hard time hearing "Big bucks will avoid flash cameras". Too general a statement.....and that one is only AN example. Teach me....don't TELL me....and I'll thank you for it.

Sarcasm? Guilty.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

WHAT!?!?!?!

You mean that there are arrogant and cocky hunters? And moreover that perhaps some of them are member here????

Nonesense! Pretty soon you'll be making the same comments about fishermen!
Old 03-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

But.......you don't have the signature:

>>>BAM<<<
THAT COMBINES THEM ALL AND PUTS THE FINAL STAMP ON IT!

Old 03-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm REALLY confident, not cocky
Old 03-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am really beginning to learn that asking a real question on here is seen only as an insult to anyone whom the question may involve, their friends, their gear, you name it. The problem is people believe that you are questioning their integrity instead of taking it for what it is, which is an actual desire for information. General statements and meaningless plateaus are the norm. Yes, I know that things have to be used "correctly", but what the hell does that mean? When a conversation ends with the questions still being asked and the member "answering them" saying "never mind" then I would say it was a complete waste of time.Unfortunately, thatbasically sums up the vast majority of my experiences on here. I have made a few good acquaintances on here, some I hope can develop into true friendships, but I grow so tired of the overwhelming amount of sensitivity overmeaningless issues. When someone tries to make a point that may be against the common thread of thought that is woven on this website it is immediately dismissed as complete BS. There is no explanationwhy, no thought given to it, but simply a gut reaction to someone daring toquestion, or worse yet, disagree with the rest of the herd.It is depressing to me that I have wasted so much of my time on here trying to help people who don't want to hear anything that goes against what they have already decided prior to asking the question and trying to get help from people who refuse any kind of intelligent discussion. I do realize that much gets lost in the translation of plain text, but much of it is well beyond that. There are many on here who do try to help and give information, but, as unfortunate as it is, those members are overshadowed by the hordes of members who just want to post pictures of their mounts and kills, make contacts they believe will get them on TV, or simply to cause an argument. I guess that is just the inevitable result of bringing so much testosterone together in one place, even if it is just a virtual gathering.

That’s my rant. Feel free to leave it at the door. It is probably best that way.

Quick Reply: Try not to assume people are arrogant and cocky on the forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.