Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many of us actually do???

Old 03-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many of us actually do???

Every Shot! I had a couple near misses about the same time that one dude had one blow up through his hand last year. Check'em every time!
Old 03-25-2008, 11:17 AM

Ok I went and checked mine....one had a split in it, at the rear by the nock....kinda scary actually. Needless to say its in the garbage now.Im glad you posted this.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Never. I shoot every day.....and unless I hear it hit something it shouldn't.......Never.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

Ok I went and checked mine....one had a split in it, at the rear by the nock....kinda scary actually. Needless to say its in the garbage now.Im glad you posted this.
Just looking out for my fellow man. It's what I do.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:11 PM

After having an old (French) Beman explode I ran to the nearest shop and dropped the cash on some A/C/C's and haven't shot anything else since.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 PM

A few extra bucks is worth avoiding this: (luckily I was wearing a Gore-Tex jacket when mine went off)

Old 03-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I check them before every shot. Too many horror stories. However, my new arrows should be waiting at home for me when I get there Friday
Old 03-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I still don't do it everytime even though I know I should.........My fat 3D arrows are thin walled enough to be scary to think about.
I had a close call at a 3D shoot last year, one of my arrows exploded at release but didn't get my hand. The back fletched section stayed attached to the front 2/3 as it left the bow by a small ribbon of carbon. The thing did cartwheels off the bow and scared every living creature within a 5 mile radius. [:-]
Probably 20 guys at various points all yelled at the same time "What the hell was that!?"

I was lucky. Really lucky.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I still don't do it everytime even though I know I should.........My fat 3D arrows are thin walled enough to be scary to think about.
I had a close call at a 3D shoot last year, one of my arrows exploded at release but didn't get my hand. The back fletched section stayed attached to the front 2/3 as it left the bow by a small ribbon of carbon. The thing did cartwheels off the bow and scared every living creature within a 5 mile radius. [:-]
Probably 20 guys at various points all yelled at the same time "What the hell was that!?"

I was lucky. Really lucky.

That might be enough to make you need to check your drawers, huh???
Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't you should. I was shooting with a buddy that had one blow up after he shot and it split and went right thru his had. Most of it anyway. It was NASTY!!! He went into shock and I had to carry him out of the woods. Check your arrows before you shoot them and if you hit somthing hard check before you shoot that arrow again!!! ITS NOT A PRETTY SITE when one sticks in you hand!!!

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.