Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diluting Accomplishments: Compounds

Old 03-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Diluting Accomplishments: Compounds

Sorry had to, but in the spirt of the original thread...

Do you or don't you agree that taking game of any kind the way we do it today is "cheating" as compared to how the Native Americans did it? They had hand made spears, we have tight tolerance compounds. They had hand/eye for sights, we have high tech devices. They had buffalo capes, we have scent lok.

So, if you think killing a Tom with decoys and a vinyl ground blind or sticking a buck with a compound over bait dilutes accomplishment, why not...

A) go string and stick?

B) better yet, sneak up on your quarry with a spear?

C) better yet still, do it with a folding knife?

D) " " " with your fist?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diluting Accomplishments: Compounds

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

Sorry had to, but in the spirt of the original thread...

Do you or don't you agree that taking game of any kind the way we do it today is "cheating" as compared to how the Native Americans did it? They had hand made spears, we have tight tolerance compounds. They had hand/eye for sights, we have high tech devices. They had buffalo capes, we have scent lok.

So, if you think killing a Tom with decoys and a vinyl ground blind or sticking a buck with a compound over bait dilutes accomplishment, why not...

A) go string and stick?

B) better yet, sneak up on your quarry with a spear?

C) better yet still, do it with a folding knife?

D) " " " with your fist?
Native americans took every advantage they could (stampede any buffalo off of cliffs lately anyone?) because they needed to survive. Now we remove every advantage for bragging rights.Why is making something easier bad? If that was the case why shouldnt we all take the lowest paying job we can find so that we can brag about how hard life is? Enough already. Everybody needs to do some spring scouting right NOW.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Diluting accomplishments: Shots of whiskey vs Jack & coke. Those cheaters who drink coke with thier whiskey.

[8D][8D]
Old 03-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I drink Jack with ice only, does that make me a cheater?

Hatcet Jack
Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both of you are cheating. Bacardi 151 straight out of the bottle to not be a cheater.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll drink to that!!!151!!!! Your a party animal!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny you bring up the 151, I originally used that in my analogy, then rewrote it.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:27 PM

First of all, "diluting accomplishments" is an oxymoron. It's an accomplishment, how can it be diluted? Do I agree w/ steroid use in the MLB? No. But.....Barry still broke the home run record, steroids be damned. Anybody else think they can hit a ball from a major league pitcher that consistently?

The phrase alone is designed to make those of us that haven't had those accomplishments somehow feel better about ourselves. Jealousy and envy run deep in our blood. Taking something away from somebody, or even if it can be somehow tainted, makes it easier for the rest of us who haven't done it to feel better.

Instead of questioning the method in which someone accomplishes something, instead of trying to "dilute" it somehow......Why not just say "job well done" ??

It's not our duty to judge anyway. What's the bible passage? Oh yeah, "let he who has commited no sin be the first to throw a stone." Diluted accomplishments? No such thing.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

First of all, "diluting accomplishments" is an oxymoron. It's an accomplishment, how can it be diluted? Do I agree w/ steroid use in the MLB? No. But.....Barry still broke the home run record, steroids be damned. Anybody else think they can hit a ball from a major league pitcher that consistently?

The phrase alone is designed to make those of us that haven't had those accomplishments somehow feel better about ourselves. Jealousy and envy run deep in our blood. Taking something away from somebody, or even if it can be somehow tainted, makes it easier for the rest of us who haven't done it to feel better.

Instead of questioning the method in which someone accomplishes something, instead of trying to "dilute" it somehow......Why not just say "job well done" ??

It's not our duty to judge anyway. What's the bible passage? Oh yeah, "let he who has commited no sin be the first to throw a stone." Diluted accomplishments? No such thing.
Amen, Don! These threads go on, while they deleted the thread, "Who's the Man" because it was about Jesus [:@]
Old 03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Whatever way you cut it....however you kill an animal. You still got within the same distance didn't you? (as far as a compound and traditional) Sure it may be harder to pick up the one. But when it comes down to it, I wouldn't say you are cheating, or making it easier to actually take an animal with either.....Congrats to anybody that's stuck an arrow in a deer.

Quick Reply: Diluting Accomplishments: Compounds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.