Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diluting Accomplishments: Baiting

Old 03-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Diluting Accomplishments: Baiting

Baiting bears vs. Baiting deer to be specific.

Why is it "different" in many peoples eyes?

Matters not to me if you bait deer, turkeys, bear, etc.....just wondered why there is a seemed double-standard????
Old 03-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Diluting Accomplishments: Baiting

Well Bear you're most often talking of an outfitter. I don't think you can just run willy nilly through the spring woods of Canada looking for a bear.

It's really not much different from a Deer Outfitter..bait be it planted field specifically for attracting holding deeror corn filled feeder.

No real double standard..how many HNI'rs plant food crops and then look down their noses at the guy with the feeder?
Old 03-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone can do what they want and I will not question it, quite simple, as long as it's within the law or ethics.

In NH you can not bait deer prior to (I think? ) 30-days before the season (more like feeding I suppose), but you can bait bear??
I really never asked why, just don't care for baiting all around.
The challenge "to me" is to go into their "natural" space and connect.

Now you can hunt for bear with dogs in NH for 1 or 2 weeks...

What about hunting with dogs either bear or deer? There's another post for ya?
Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't have an opinion on the morality of it for any species. It's legal (if it indeed is where you hunt) for a reason. No opinion on dog hunting (per se).....if it's legal.

Just wondering why the double standard (when it comes to how hunters view the practices)???

Old 03-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

No real opion GMMAT, sorry, I just go in the woods and shoot deer cause I like too!

Gr8 - I've heard you need a guide in all of Canada except New Brunswick??? Do you know anything about the canucks laws?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

No Ed sorry..I'm sure your right. If you're really needing to know the Law and wish to find info online I'd PM _DAN He Guides (has Oufitter Business)for Bear in Canada.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 03-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why do we have set seasons,limits & weapon restrictions. Its like the rules of golf or any other regulated event. To keep a certain amount of appreciation to the past time.
Climate ,terrain and quantity of game are all things that affect success.
Those who live in the south see nothing wrong with baiting while my woods still have plenty of snow cover, corn dumped today would be gone tomorrow,How ever my six acre food plot has been feeding them all winter. with stands place at 40 yard intervals it would take 19 hunters to cover my "food plot" ,how many hunters does it take to cover your feeder that is set to gooff twice a day?[]
Baiting is OK for some but in no way for all.[:-]
Old 03-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Baiting bears vs. Baiting deer to be specific.

Why is it "different" in many peoples eyes?

Matters not to me if you bait deer, turkeys, bear, etc.....just wondered why there is a seemed double-standard????
How many states is it legal to bait bear and deer, both. I know here I can bait bear, but not deer.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:42 PM

No opinions, huh?

I think bear and deer hunting are two totally different games. From what I understand bears aren't really patternable like deer. They roam the area freely and are likely to be anywhere in that huge expanse of woods (hundreds of sq. miles). Deer, as we all know, follow a pretty regular pattern. Length of season probably comes into play as well. As I understand, bear seasons are much shorter than deer. Of course that is all hear say because I have never been bear hunting, only read about it alot. Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong in my thinking.

Where are Schultzy, Dan, Kyle, and others when you need them.

Quick Reply: Diluting Accomplishments: Baiting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.