Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diluting Accomplishments: Baiting

Old 03-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Diluting Accomplishments: Baiting

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

No opinions, huh?

I think bear and deer hunting are two totally different games. From what I understand bears aren't really patternable like deer. They roam the area freely and are likely to be anywhere in that huge expanse of woods (hundreds of sq. miles). Deer, as we all know, follow a pretty regular pattern. Length of season probably comes into play as well. As I understand, bear seasons are much shorter than deer. Of course that is all hear say because I have never been bear hunting, only read about it alot. Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong in my thinking.

Where are Schultzy, Dan, Kyle, and others when you need them.
Funny Trevor, Iwas waiting on Schultzy too. But you are completely correct. It is amazing how fara big boar will roam. They don't really have a core area, persay. I hunt a swamp edge, I don't think a bear would come out for anything during the day if it wasn't for a bait, and I'm pretty sure if he did, I would be in the wrong spot. If it wasn't for a bait, I think killing a bear in my woods would be next to impossible.
Actually these big guys do have a core area. Getting them out of it is next to almost impossible in these thick wooded areas unless you have some sort of attractant to bring them out. There big for a reason. Most of these thick wooded areas you can't see 20 yards in front of you if your even that lucky. In other states where you can't use (bait) meat, donuts, bread, etc allot of these hunters do use liquid attractants so don't be fooling yourself too much on shooting bear without bait in some areas cause in reality these guys are too but just in a different method.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diluting Accomplishments: Baiting

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

No opinions, huh?

I think bear and deer hunting are two totally different games. From what I understand bears aren't really patternable like deer. They roam the area freely and are likely to be anywhere in that huge expanse of woods (hundreds of sq. miles). Deer, as we all know, follow a pretty regular pattern. Length of season probably comes into play as well. As I understand, bear seasons are much shorter than deer. Of course that is all hear say because I have never been bear hunting, only read about it alot. Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong in my thinking.

Where are Schultzy, Dan, Kyle, and others when you need them.
Funny Trevor, Iwas waiting on Schultzy too. But you are completely correct. It is amazing how fara big boar will roam. They don't really have a core area, persay. I hunt a swamp edge, I don't think a bear would come out for anything during the day if it wasn't for a bait, and I'm pretty sure if he did, I would be in the wrong spot. If it wasn't for a bait, I think killing a bear in my woods would be next to impossible.
Actually these big guys do have a core area. Getting them out of it is next to almost impossible in these thick wooded areas unless you have some sort of attractant to bring them out. There big for a reason. Most of these thick wooded areas you can't see 20 yards in front of you if your even that lucky. In other states where you can't use (bait) meat, donuts, bread, etc allot of these hunters do use liquid attractants so don't be fooling yourself too much on shooting bear without bait in some areas cause in reality these guys are too but just in a different method.
Fully agree with that. What I was trying to say is that they're core area (where I hunt) is VERY large.