Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ground Blinds are "cheating" and devaluing "archery toms"
24.44%
It's just as hard to kill one out of a ground blind
8.89%
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
66.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Diluting accomplishments: Archery Turkeys

Old 03-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Diluting accomplishments: Archery Turkeys

No he baits them Brings some corn and dresses like the Famers daughter
Old 03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

For the sake of all that's holy ... I just puked in my mouth [:'(]
Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

I have seen a picture of him, the only way he could pass for the farmer's daughter is if she were 11 yrs old. Or I guess he could wear long sleeves and pass for her at 14 yrs old .
Old 03-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

The King has many tactics for turkey hunting on his ground.
He will even belly craw through pig poop, hang from the rafters, shoot one from the tractor in second gear[8D] He even once hid inside a feed bag than popped out and whacked one. He is the king
Old 03-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

That reminds me, Germ. I need my turkey baiting dress back. Season is getting close. You keep saying you're sending it back to me, but my mailbox is always empty. Getting tired of this runaround. [&o]
Old 03-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

That reminds me, Germ. I need my turkey baiting dress back. Season is getting close. You keep saying you're sending it back to me, but my mailbox is always empty. Getting tired of this runaround. [&o]
Mrs. Hemry stitched up the hole in the rear, what on earth did you do
Old 03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't wanna talk about it.

Now go sit in your blind and eat your vienna sausages.
__________________________________________________ ___

Speaking of diluting accomplishments: Chew on this -

We'd all probably frown on a guy who killed a turkey inside a fence. Not so fast!Really, a turkey can easily fly over the fence. So it's free to come and go at its leisure. So the "fence" is a non-factor. Right?

But, we don't frown on "blind hunting" which strips the bird of his two main defenses. Why is that?

So what's worse? Killing a tom in a "high fence" enclosure OR killing one from a ground blind.

Smell what's cookin'?

For the record, the King doesn't expect this opinion to be popular, b/c blind hunting has become widely accepted in the hunting world. Just calling a spade a spade, that's all. Or at least addressing an issue that hasn't really been addressed by the popular media. Obviously, Cabela's sells a lot of blinds, and magazines peddle a lot of ad space to blind manufacturers - so the smart dollar says that most magazines or tv shows wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot-pole. [:-]
Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Once again the King has spoken Dam your entertaining[8D] Dude, i seen you on a comercial where three MAD women were trying to run over you in a mini van Whats up with that?? [8D]
Old 03-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've killed Tom Turkeys with a Bow using a Blind, and not using a Blind. They died either way!

Dan
Old 03-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

The King is sooo right on this topic that it elevates him to being "the man". I don't know if I call it cheating, but it certainly is an "apples to oranges" comparison.

I have killed ELEVEN turkeys with my bow. But all of them has been in the comfort of a DB blind where I can move around almost at free will.

I have hunted just as much if not more for turkeys with a bow and only natural set ups and got ZERO turkeys to show for my efforts.

I have made the argument to others that bow and blind is in MANY instances EASIER than trying to shoot one with a shotgun. I never get anyone to agree, because to do so would deflate their egos, but I have hunted a lot of turkeys with both gun and bow, and I know what I say is true.

So why do I continue to hunt turkeys with bow and blind? Mostly cause I don't care what anyone else thinks about it and I still enjoy it.

I don't have the time to hunt turkeys as much asI used to,so it expedites thehunt.In addition,the blind gives me a chance to take a lot of pictures of other wildlife as well.

Is it harder than killing any ole deer? Maybe in some places. But in my little part of the woods where both deer and turkey are plentiful and the turkeys roosts are fairly predictable, I'd say it is a wash.

Just my experience. Agree or deny yourself the truth that the King so freely speaks, the choice is yours.

Quick Reply: Diluting accomplishments: Archery Turkeys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.