Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me buy a new climber...

Old 03-23-2008, 07:16 PM

Default RE: Help me buy a new climber...

Oh I almost forgot! Summit sells paint for touch ups on their website. I dont know if it is just spraypaint or what they actually use on the stands, but it kind of expensive for just spray paint so i hope it isnt.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

If you want a Summit with an open frontwhy dont you look at a Summit Bushmaster?

No moving parts, comfortable, easy to use. I had one but liked the sit and climb style of the Viper more so I sold the Bushmaster. I like the bar in front and it doesn't interfere with the shot.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Or better yet get some neoprene backed tape and tape up the Cobra you already have. Then you wont be able to see the scratches and it will be quieter.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I hate climbers that have parts that are not attached.
Gary:

Even if you did decide to fold it down flat....the nut IS attached.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnnydialtone

Or better yet get some neoprene backed tape and tape up the Cobra you already have. Then you wont be able to see the scratches and it will be quieter.
DUCT TAPE IS THE ANSWER. What was your question again?
Old 03-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I hate climbers that have parts that are not attached.
Gary:

Even if you did decide to fold it down flat....the nut IS attached.
THe last one I looked at it was attached by a rope, did they change it? I don't know since I have not looked at one in awhile.

The LW has zero attached parts.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Gary....it's attached by a cable.

Do I think it would ever come loose.....even if I DID intend to fold it down flat?

No.

Again.....good luck Scott.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Gary....it's attached by a cable.

Do I think it would ever come loose.....even if I DID intend to fold it down flat?

No.

Again.....good luck Scott.
Ok thx, Now I know
Old 03-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: johnnydialtone

DUCT TAPE IS THE ANSWER. What was your question again?
Yea duct tape is the answer. Duct tape and cable ties are two of the best things ever invented.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scott - one of my good buddies just bought a new Lone Wolf Alpha - so curiosity got the best of me and I borrowed it one day last season to try out.

Let me preface what I'm about to say by saying that my friend doesn't hunt all that much.He's one of these fellas whoinsists on buying $20K intop-end gear, and hunting 2x per year. That's a story for another time... Anyway...

So, I'm out there with this virgin treestand - and he's got it packed in the most screwed up way ever...

First of all, it's heavier than I expected. And he had the shoulder straps set way too far apart, so it kept falling off my shoulders, which also had me aggravated. So, after I finally got it to the tree and untied all the knots in the nylon webbing that he had it tied together with, it was time to "unflatten" it.

Now, I'm not sure if you can pack this thing up without flattening it or not - but god I hope so. Because it's a real mother to "unflatten." You had to pop this latch and slide the truss into place - and the damn thing just didn't want to go. I cussed and wrestled with it for a few minutes and finally got it - but I wasn't pleased with having to "unflatten" the bloody thing.

Once it was all folded out into 3-d, it was easy to hang. The band is awesome, and doesn't sag or snag up on rough bark (black cherry). It bites in really solid and is quite comfy. It doesn't want to slip at all.

The front rail can either be up or down - never gets in the way.

Everything comes down nicely - but again, I ran into trouble trying to get it back flat and tie the climber to the base. If it were up to me, I'd never fold it flat (if possible).

My final analysis: Heavier than expected. Total pain in the ass to use the "fold flat" feature. If you can pack it up without folding it flat, it will save you time and heartache. Climbs/grips/holds awesome. It might take a little trial and error to come up with an easy, repeatable way to secure the seat to the base for packing in/out, but I'm sure you can come up with something. This guy had a thousand ropes/knots/bungee cords holding it together, and it took me 15 minutes to untangle everything and put it back the way he had it.

The achilles heel of the Lone Wolf is the "flattening" mechanism. I dunno if you caneasily pack it up without "flattening" the two pieces? If so, that's Cash Money. I don't know why in the hell anyone would ever want to fight with that "flattening" contraption every time. I will admit that I said some really bad things to that treestand. Those statements are between me and God at this point. LOL [8D]

Quick Reply: Help me buy a new climber...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.