Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got my mount back last night!

Old 03-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got my mount back last night!

wow those are awesome mounts Greg .
Old 03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
N2D

Well if the rest of them look as good as these, all I can say is you are going to have one heck of a man cave.

Ed
Old 03-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: peakrut

Looks fantastic Greg, I got that same pose on my 06. CONGRATS bro!

*Side note* My son and wife put a bears flag and hat on him.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Most of your guests.Myself would jump right in, once you have that man cave complete a invite with a nice cold one is in order!
Splendid idea! Will do.

Thanks, Tony.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

That left brow is so cool. Nice deer. also awsome looking mounts. my hat's off to you and your taxi.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

My friend that is a good looking mount, your taxi did a fine job. The others are not slouches either, you have been blessed with some real good hunting, keep it up and good luck in 08'. The man cave, that is something every man should have.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

The taxidermist did a fantastic job with what he had to work with, but why bother to get him mounted.

I mean seriously, where you hunt anybody could get one like that in about two afternoons of hunting,or at least thats what I've read somewhere.

On a really serious note, very impressive. While I would be proud of all of them, the 181 is the one that impresses me the most (I like the width and the kizzilian points).

Just curious as how you rank the two as to which one is your favorite and is it due to the antlers (height,width,mass,symmetry,etc) or is the the story behind the two that separates them apart?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:19 PM

Greg it looks even bigger!! Nice mount for sure, he does great work.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: jackflap

The taxidermist did a fantastic job with what he had to work with, but why bother to get him mounted.

I mean seriously, where you hunt anybody could get one like that in about two afternoons of hunting,or at least thats what I've read somewhere.

On a really serious note, very impressive. While I would be proud of all of them, the 181 is the one that impresses me the most (I like the width and the kizzilian points).

Just curious as how you rank the two as to which one is your favorite and is it due to the antlers (height,width,mass,symmetry,etc) or is the the story behind the two that separates them apart?
Thanks for your comments about the mount.

The question thoughis one of the best I've been asked.

Some info: I've been bow hunting since 1967 (gun hunting since 1969). I started hunting for mature bucks in 1991 and have taken 17 of them. The 4 you see in the pic are my favorite ones. I have never really sat down and ranked them specifically. Now that you have asked, I'd have to say that the largest one on the left is my #1 favorite. Not because he is my biggest but because he was my first mature buck and gave me the most heart stopping action of any hunt in my life! My #2 is the middle, top one He doesn't make P&Y, only nets 115+. He was the king of the area and I had a chance at him and blew it. The very next year, from the same stand, I was blind calling and he came rushing in and almost caught me off guard. Almost! Again, quite the rush. My '07 buck, top right is #3. I saw him twice in '06 and once had him at 15 yards, no shot. He was the best buck I saw in '06, so to take him the next year was very rewarding. The bottom one is #4. He was my third P&Y and that was when I finally started feeling that I knew what I was doing when it came to mature bucks.

Great question, thanks for asking.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great looking buck!!!

He's old and narly looking[8D]
Old 03-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

That deer is still amazing to me as I love big massive racks, congrats again & on the rest too!

Quick Reply: Got my mount back last night!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.