Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So if you are or aren't "the man"

Old 03-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: So if you are or aren't "the man"

One post isn't good enough on this subject huh? Just another one in the count I guess.
Whatever
Old 03-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Dominant Buck

AmI REALLY being chased around the board andberated by a guy that got BANNED from the site for arguing a camo pattern?

REALLY???
Old 03-23-2008, 04:20 PM

WHAT?! I thought that all I had to do was show up and walk 20 yards in from the road, set up my stand just anywhere and assume a big buck will come strolling through whistling it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood? LOL

I'm already picking up on the rubs and scrapes and I plan to learn even more this year through a lot of scouting beginning in August. It's going to put a crunch on the gas tank but it has to be done. My buddy who's been hunting for years still amazes me when I'm following behind and trying to keep up and how fast he spots a broken twig with a scrape next to it. I'm hoping that I will be able to pick this ability up somewhere along the way.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not me, you must be speaking of someone else. I don't argue stupid stuff. I'm outta here, see ya
Old 03-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I said in the other thread that my brother and dad always had a leg up on me. However, since I started doing my homework (scouting, keeping detailed records of my hunts, applying knowledge learned to present hunts) I can see myself becoming a more succesful hunt. Of course, I share my findings and info. with them also so it evens out.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Host of Hosts

Good for you PA.....

If you can't get past the metaphor.....no biggie. Thethreads were posted asa chance to learn what the most successful hunters are doing differently.....and what can be gleaned from their expertise.......instinct.....etc...
Yeah, it is good for me! I'm well past your metaphor. I understand some guys need constant attention and find a need to beat their own drum.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Good for you PA.....

If you can't get past the metaphor.....no biggie. Thethreads were posted asa chance to learn what the most successful hunters are doing differently.....and what can be gleaned from their expertise.......instinct.....etc...
Yeah, it is good for me! I'm well past your metaphor. I understand some guys need constant attention and find a need to beat their own drum.

How does that Brad Paisley song go? Oh, oh yeah "I'm sooo much cooler on-line"
Old 03-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Host of Hosts

Who's Brad Paisley? Is he"the man"?
Old 03-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are really trying to find out what makes 'success' as it apears to be defined here Greg and Magicman put it well.

Live whitetail, spend every spare moment watching/scouting/hunting deer. Know them beyond what is known by average hunters. Have complete confidence in your equipment and shooting ability. I spent almost all of my free time in the woods between the ages of 12 and 20.

The thing is, most people dont love deer enough to do this and I dont blame them. It is not, nor should be, for everyone. You can enjoy hunting without going all out. Its really about what you are hunting for...and generally its not about a record book or desire for accolades for those hard core hunters. Its about the deer and themselves.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:18 PM

No not at all, he's just some country singer. On-line is a pretty cool song. He's pretty popular though. I guess you don't ever listen to country? lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.